Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You would need Vidigal today, this master of the elbows would for sure be pushing in his DM role, i can't understand Vidigal being compared and replaced by Petit. Vidigal is such more classy and with more played in the NT then Petit is, pitty that he got left out from your WC squad :( . I would like to see one ugly fighting midfielder behind Figo and Rui Costa, otherwhise those two technicians can't play as they want in the offencive structure. Petit isn't good enough, i don't now what kind of options you have in the midfield, yet it seems like you desperate need a real ballwinner. I'm hoping for some tactical changes so that WC don't lose one of my favourite teams, it would be sad. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Prior to his shaky performance today, Petit has done nothing that would deserve him losing his job as the defensive midfielder. Anyway, Vidigal would not have been the second opton, as that would be Paulo Bento.

M

·
0 Posts
Yeah Petit is usually good but today everyone was crap! I would have liked to see Vidigal he impressed me during EURO 2000.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure Selecao :wallbang: ....is it smart putting a unexperienced player in your most important position? Petit have only been playing a few matches with your NT.

Vidigal are superiour both Bento and Petit in his defencive structure, he is more powerfull, better in position, more lethal in his airplay, better in marking and with higher workrate. And on the contrary to Petit, Vidigal is tested and proved in Portugals NT. The only qualities Vidigal are beneath Petit and Bento are in his technical attributes, yet when you're playing in such a tactical way you do, it's only positive having a player with limited zonework and offencive meauserments in that position.

With all respect for you and you're manager, i still believe that you're NT would gain more having Vidigal with them, that's a blunder Portugal did. Pitty!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I reckon vidigal should have been selected instead of paulo sousa, and i also reckon vidigal should've joined petit in midfield.

Petit isnt inexperienced, he's played important games both in the champions league as well as international level, the reason he was so poor today though was because he was isolated in midfield as we were playing too many attacking players!!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Petit has been starting for the seleccao for quite some time. In the friendly against China, he was all over the field. Another point: nobody on the Portuguese roster has WC experience. We are all disappointed that AO played all of these players who are too old, and now we are upset at a player that is too young. He had a bad game, but he will be back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts