Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you think that Fifa should be more determinant towards introducing "high-tech" devices like micro-cameras and sensors to help refereing football games? or do you think refereing is ok the way it is and changes aren't really necessary?

A few months ago, the idea was actively beeing talked about, now it looks like some kind of "abandoned project".
Anyone have info on this?? is it proven to be un-viable??

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I think Fifa should..

If tehy need an example just go to Portugal see a Sporting game and you will see why they need too,some players might be out of a job because of this like master king divers by trade like Joao Pinto from SCP who has won many Oscar's for his dives we need technology to play a part of the game NFL does it so does Hockey and so many sports...

We need it in soccer please,or at least in the portuguese league..

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
FIFA should bring this in. It should be brought in for all games including normal club games.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
Yes than maybe England could beat Argentina who have a large record of cheating.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
true say..

Russell said:
Yes than maybe England could beat Argentina who have a large record of cheating.
Ooooooo:eekani:

ohhhhhhhh:dazed:

But i agree remeber Simone dive!!:rolleyes: You have not seen nothing till you watch a SCP game and see Joao Pinto:depress: what a sad story the guy is....

·
Registered
251 Posts
Why don't you keep your narrow minded comments about Sporting in the Portuguese forum instead of embarrassing yourself in the World Cup forum?

Give it a rest with the insults to Sporting man...look at your own team for the past 10 years to see that this is not just a problem with one team, but the league as a whole...and many other leagues worldwide as well.

You need to open your mind and relax a little with JVP. This is life pal, deal with it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
547 Posts
I think that we need to introduce technology to help linesmen with offside decisions.

The amount of these decisions that are wrong is unreal and it must get really frustrating as a player when you continually time your runs to perfection, and the linesman continually raises his flag.

The big problem is that FIFA does not want to introduce a method for professional football that is not used in all of the non professional leagues. They want the methods and rules to be the same across the board but this notion may have to change. It is obviously unfeasible to introduce TV replays for Sunday League football or the like - this is the crux of the problem for FIFA.

With regard to diving - I do not think that referees should ever punish players for diving. I think this should be done by a panel, after the match has finished. The ref should make a note of a particular incident to be reviewed by a panel of ex players maybe - a mandatory three match ban may work in stamping this unsporting act out of the game.
If the ref thinks a player dived - then do not award a freekick and play on. If he doesn't think he dived and everybody else does - the panel can check this after and impose an extended ban anyway and impose a heavy fine on the club if the dive affected the game. This will leave it at the club's door to stamp the problem out.

This must only be the case for televised games though - other matches should be left the way they are - at the ref's descretion in other words.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
easy now.......

Paulie said:
Why don't you keep your narrow minded comments about Sporting in the Portuguese forum instead of embarrassing yourself in the World Cup forum?

Give it a rest with the insults to Sporting man...look at your own team for the past 10 years to see that this is not just a problem with one team, but the league as a whole...and many other leagues worldwide as well.

You need to open your mind and relax a little with JVP. This is life pal, deal with it.:rolleyes:
JVP is nothing but an Oscar winning diving midget and SCP:yuck: knows that they benifited alot this year and past years becuase of bad ref calls.;)

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I'm all for some type of video review that would prevent such horrific incidences such as Portugal's exit from Euro2000 from taking place. Not that Xavier didn't hand the ball but atleast have the incident scrutinized and not rely on the knee jerk reaction of one of the linesmen.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I'ts cool man,

My point was that these type of horrible calls happen all the time in many diff. leagues and for many diff. teams. EVERY team (yes, even FC Porto) has had bad calls work for them and also against them. EVERY team has benefitted at one time or another. I admit Sporting has had some incorrect calls which have happened to work in their favor this year. Do I agree with ALL of the calls...NO. So, there you have...a Sportinguista admitting that some bad calls worked in our favor.

The real point here is whether a system should be devised using modern technology that wasn't available when the game was created to abide by the rules of the game more accurately. I think that with so much money being pumped into the football industry this day in age, there should definitely be more accountablity on the referreeing decisions. These travesties that we have ALL witnessed at one time or another should be recorded electronically and scrutinized to judge their accuracy or correctness. Referees are human and that means that mistakes are inherent in our nature. Electronics don't share that problem with us (for the most part ;) ).

I totally support an electronic system to review certain situations and when the facts are shown, then a referee's decision should be overturned if judged incorrect.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Russell said:
I feel you are talking about the hand of god or could it be the simone dive in 98 that cost us a red card.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Personally the high tech devices I would like introduced would be used after and NOT during the game. Basically you wire up the crap referees and then question them as follows:

Are u sure you didnt see that offside?
Who are you working for?

And so on depending on the standard of refereeing. I reckon this will improve their performances. ;)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Russel,
your also forgetting Sol Campell's goal , in which that lousy ref gave the "danger of goal" call and din't let England beat Argentina!:devil: :( :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts