Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want some opinion here. Due to the poor result that Fergie and the team have given us throughout the season; a question just pop out of my mind... SHOULD FERGIE BE SACKED OR NOT???
Guys... I am asking for a replacement for Fergie? Is there anyone suitable to take his place? As Bobby Chalton said... Fergie's job is SAFE... is it so???
I need some opinion of Fergie's successor... No offence... I love Fergie... but I think it's time for him to go... Please Guys... Fill Me In...

I think...

1. Martin O'neil
2. Sam Allardyce
3. David Moyes

·
Bobo
4,525 Posts
should've gone 3 or 4 years ago.

Unfortunately for Man U,coz of his history with you,you feel like you can't rid your club of him because of his history,need i remind you though that while it's great looking back and admiring the achievements,it's just as important looking forward and bettering the past and with him incharge,that won't happen IMO.

As for a replacement get Steve McClaren from Boro,he should've had the job 3 years ago.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
No keep him 10 more years

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Sack him and replace him with long ball O'Neill or Sam????
People keep talking about Martins success in Scotland, but Alex M.... has won the same no. of trophies in a quicker time than him.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
MOYES is the most natural replacement for fergie... why does everyone keep mentioning o'neil...and wat on earth is sam allardyce doing on that list???

as for the question, no he should be sacked

·
Registered
580 Posts
You go get me a manager that has never finished below 3rd place (not winning the title just 4 times is it?)

Go on then

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Everyone knows that if or when Fergie leaves that Queiroz will be the replacement.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Everyone knows that if or when Fergie leaves that Queiroz will be the replacement.

absolutely no chance that he will be the next united manager. Wasnt it obvious through his time at REAL that he was not cut out for the job. A good tactician, a great coach- not a manager

·
Registered
580 Posts
Cihan do you think he should have gone in 98/99? Or 99/00? Or 00/01? After finishing a treble of championships he should have gone right.

Or do you think he should have gone after 01/02 because he just lost 1 championship. Or should he have retired after 02/03 because he obviously lost the ball by winning the championship.

Can you even name the players from a couple of years ago?

Go support a different team. I don't like Manchester United because they win all the time. I would just like them to win all the time. You should consider this

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Beechy said:
absolutely no chance that he will be the next united manager. Wasnt it obvious through his time at REAL that he was not cut out for the job. A good tactician, a great coach- not a manager
You've got to be kidding me. You have to be very foolish to judge Queiroz as a manager by looking at his job at Real. First of all, everyone knows that he had limited control of that team; IMHO the true manager was Perez. Real had one of the weakest defenses that season which was the main reason for the they're very poor season. Early in the season, Queiroz expressed the need for several players because he felt his team was unbalanced. He particularly suggested that they pick up an extra defender. However, his request was denied by no other than Mr. Perez. Once the season had ended, Queiroz left and Real picked up a player by the name of Walter Samuel. Queiroz was used as a scape-goat for Perez's blunders. Other than this job, Queiroz has had success everywhere he goes. If you went and asked any Man Utd player, they would have nothing but good to say about Queiroz. Some have gone far enough to say that it is his genius that secured Man Utd the title a couple of years ago and the reason why they are still in it. The reason for having Queiroz as #2 is for him to take over once Fergie is done. This has already been clarified by Fergie himself. However, Man Utd can be my guest and pick up a Bobby Robson. IMHO, it wouldn't be a bad bet taking Queiroz given the recent success Portuguese managers are having in the EPL.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Quieroz was a great manager at Real. Look at the champions league game against Marseille last season and you will see what he did. He made a bunch of aging superstars play together in an attack that was 100% out of this world. Then defensively they just turned off. It's not because of Carlos, he is considered the reason our defense tightened up in 02/03, it's because they have shit players like Helguera, Pavon, Raul Bravo playing in the most important area of the team. Look how Real play now. Even with new players, no coach has reproduced some of the results Quieroz achieved, especially in the 1st half last year.

SIR Alex Ferguson is a ****ing great manager. I can't speak of him as a person because obviously I don't know him, and no one here is qualified to judge the man. But if this is the shit you are giving him while he is still in charge and winning things, how are you going to remeber him in 50 years time? Absolutely disgraceful

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Does he have the same kind of acceptance and loyality of the players Fergie had/have? Btw: in the german press I read a while ago that some of the players are not satisfied with his work and especially the way how he coaches them. Is there some truth in that speculation?

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
When a journalist asked fergie that a week or so ago he reacted angrily and left:D, so you decide if theres truth behind the rumours...

·
Banned
2,825 Posts
Not meaning to disrespect anyone, but for some of you - I am glad that your opinion does not count! Why? You want to sack Fergie only to replace him with inferior, pointless loser like Moyes, Mclaren etc . . .

The point is Fergie and English managers don’t know anything about tactics or strategy. Manchester United in order to return to former glories needs a foreign coach with experience. I am proud to be Ottmar Hitzfeld's biggest cheerleader.

You guys seriously need to think outside the box and stop making silly suggestions like Martin O’Neil, Fergie would be insulted. Do we want to be like Liverpool during the 90s - hiring people like Evans and Houllier :notlist:

Plus Fergie promoted Keano over Quieroz and other mediocre coaches.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I want Man Utd to get an attacking coach likeTerry Vennables. I cant see any manager in the prem at the moment that id be entirely happy taking over the club.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
Does he have the same kind of acceptance and loyality of the players Fergie had/have? Btw: in the german press I read a while ago that some of the players are not satisfied with his work and especially the way how he coaches them. Is there some truth in that speculation?
That's ridiculous. Read my other post.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
*OZ* said:
MOYES is the most natural replacement for fergie... why does everyone keep mentioning o'neil...and wat on earth is sam allardyce doing on that list???

as for the question, no he should be sacked
Nah, you don't want moyes, MON would be perfect for Man U. Leave Moyes where he is :D

1 - 20 of 31 Posts