Xtratime Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should it be cancelled. More especially since the English don't want. I am with them on this one. The refs have the power to stop play anytime so it should be left to them to decide.

·
Registered
70,297 Posts
agree with this 100%, sick of seeing play stopped because a guy is holding his ankle and 30 seconds later he is fine. If it's a head injury, blood, or leg breaking play should continue until the ref decides to stop it

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
I think fair play should definitely be stopped unless it's a serious injury where the other players know it's serious i.e. John Terry getting kicked in the head etc.

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
I dont think anyone wants to play if someone is injured. However if the match is in its last 10 minutes, and you see players rolling around, the team fighting to comeback shouldnt automatically stop an attack.

If the team is not attacking, then it really doesnt matter since it will all just be added in injury time anyway

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
It shouldn't be stopped for anything other than when a player is in obvious distress, you can tell when an injury is a bad one and referees should be in charge. It's cheating the fans players pressuring eachother to stop the game.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
It shouldn't be stopped for anything other than when a player is in obvious distress, you can tell when an injury is a bad one and referees should be in charge. It's cheating the fans players pressuring eachother to stop the game.
spot on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts