Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think yes........i dont see him getting any chance of starting ahead of inzaghi or montella..................maybe for the 1st match yes ........but 2nd no way.......coz inzaghi will be fit n traps will play him............i think he should play as a middy with totti....................it will strengthen our mf......and remove di biaggio:groan: .................what do ya'll say!?

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I'd like to see Del Piero play on the bench, but my prefered position for him is as a spectator.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Deep Left Wing is good for him. He likes there too, I think..... but u cant count on him to run backwards...he always stall when the ball is robbed.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Are you kidding me ?? Since when is little Pippo better than DP ?? DP should also start ahead of Montella, bring Vincenzo in off the bench, I feel he can have more of an impact than Pippo.

In this WC DP has something to prove, which I feel pretty confident that he WILL !!!

DP, Bobo, and Totti- not a bad combination !!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok vinman del piero's better than inzaghi...................but he isnt starting u can mark my words............inzaghi no way coz traps has already said that he s in the match against croatia.................i dont think he stands a chance against montella either......................i know ur a juve fan but facts r facts...................and besides trap isnt gonna be all that happy with dp after he refused..........so u can expect him 2 sit on the bench!

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Del Piero can play as a midfielder, but I think he can be more useful as a forward.
Still, the answer to question whether he is going to play along with Vieri or he is not is known only by G. Trappatoni.
Though, I support him, I think that he will be given a chance if he works hard and shows that he is really worthy playing in the strating 11, and it is not so easy to do.
So , work hard, play well, and u well get ur spot, Del Piero.

·
Registered
384 Posts
take my word this is del piero's world cup......he had a very good season, and was the top seconda punta in serie a which means he is no totti nor is he a vieri.......he complements them and with trap putting all the pressure on totti (perhaps on purpose) del piero will shine......if he doesnt start against ecuador he will come off the bench and score and score until june 30th when he leads italia to victory

.......................................Buffon......................................................

..........Panucci.........Nesta..........Cannavaro........Maldini..................

.........................Zanetti.....Di Biagio.....Tommasi...............................

...........................................Totti......................................................

...........................Del Piero..........Vieri..............................................

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think he can play as a midfielder, on the left or behind the strikers of course. in italy's case, behind the strikers is usless when we have totti. on the left could be good, providing its a 4-4-2.

but i think he is wasted, he has great creating skills and can score great goals.

its obvious that traps doesnt want him........he should go back home and rest for another huge season with juve.

·
International
8,545 Posts
I don't think DP can play in the midfield because I see him as a "last third of the pitch" type player only. Add to it that he's kind of a wimp and couldn't carry the ball like a midfielder needs to.

DP is a natural talent but he's had his chances internationally and not come through.

Vieri-Montella would be a great strike force and IMO, the best option for Italy. Montella's a natural born goalscorer and Vieri is Vieri and I think it makes for a great partnership.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i accept CUG and italia's points.

left wing with affensive play will be better for him. (think of thiery henry in france NT)

i think with his capabilities of breaking any defense and creating skills, he might well be used as sub for totti, doni and striker posiiton .

and he is going to be a SUPER SUB and MATCH WINNER.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Alex is born as a forward, and technically, he's good at it.
But, then as he played a long, a middy is good position for him and so is a left wing.

But, I prefer him stays at forward (that's if Trap can really rely on him :( )

--------------------- TOTTI----------------------
--- VIERI------------------------ DP ------------

Not bad huh ? :D

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If I had my way (too late now)....but I think Doni, Totti and Del Piero should play behind Vieri.

i.e

______________BUFFON_____________

PANUCCI___CANNA___NESTA___MALDINI

_______TOMMASSI___ZANETTI_________

____TOTTI_______DONI____DEL PIERO__

_______________VIERI______________

or:

______________BUFFON_____________

PANUCCI___CANNA___NESTA___MALDINI

_____________TOMASSI_____________

__ZAMBRO__________________DONI___

______________TOTTI_______________