Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tough decision, specially at this very moment. Here is a something to think about:

What if Barca, with this team, gets to finish in second place in La Liga and able to win the UEFA Cup this year, should Barca stick to the previous plan of "cleaning" the team and bringing new ones?

Would it really be worth it, if this team proves to be CL material if adding 1 or 2 players? Or would it be wise to stick with the original plan regardless of what the team is achieving? Does Barca's success rely on the players morale regardless of the players that conform it?

Would investing in players like Hinkel or Evra add a notable quality leap to the first team, or would it be not much difference? Is van Bronckhorst proving to have a spot in the first team? Is Trezeguet really that much better a striker than Saviola?

All questions that you would probably would ask, but no one is really certain of the answers.

I would vote on signing the necessary, meaning:
Find players to fill the spot of the ones leaving (Cocu, Luis Enrique) and completed their cycle (Overmars, Reizeger, Kluivert).

This would add vacancies for: 1 striker, a left winger, a midfielder/forward, a fullback (left or right), and a centerback/midfielder. Not necessary to sign all. Just striker, winger, and fullback IMO. Remember those players like Iniesta, Navarro, and Oscar Lopez will be an important part of the team next season. Quality players in these areas would definitely improve Barca's game alot. No time to go after "future promises". We already have Barca B full of them waiting their turn, no need spending money (Iniesta, Ros, Sergio Garcia).

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
CampNou said:
This would add vacancies for: 1 striker, a left winger, a midfielder/forward, a fullback (left or right), and a centerback/midfielder. Not necessary to sign all. Just striker, winger, and fullback IMO.
Well. according to Diario Sport you are spot on: they want to sign a left side striker (Luque), a center forward (Trezeguet), and a full back. Ideally they would go for Torres and Henry but their clubs are not willing to sell those players. It is said that Barcelona may include players like Xavi, Motta or Gabri in the deal with Juventus for Trezeguet to reduce the costs. If Davids stays then no midfield destroyer will be signed, and Cocu looks likely to stay at least another season. VB may be signed after this season as the staff are very happy with his perfomances. So our line-up next season may look like this, perhaps with a new full back either on the right or the left:

---------------Valdes--------------------

Reiziger -----Puyol----Marquez---VB

-----------------Cocu---------------------

----------Xavi--------------Davids------

Luque---------Trezeguet------Gaucho

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Personally, I think the core of our squad is good. There's no need to rush out and Gaspart style buy tons of midfielders when we don't need them.

Just buy what we need. 3 or 4 GOOD signings would be perfect.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Re: Re: Should Barca sign alot or the necessary??

Angel_Culé said:
Well. according to Diario Sport you are spot on: they want to sign a left side striker (Luque), a center forward (Trezeguet), and a full back. Ideally they would go for Torres and Henry but their clubs are not willing to sell those players. It is said that Barcelona may include players like Xavi, Motta or Gabri in the deal with Juventus for Trezeguet to reduce the costs. If Davids stays then no midfield destroyer will be signed, and Cocu looks likely to stay at least another season. VB may be signed after this season as the staff are very happy with his perfomances. So our line-up next season may look like this, perhaps with a new full back either on the right or the left:

do you think that if,as people suggest cruyff is the "godfather" behind everything laporta does that he would be willing to sign a player like trezeguet who from what i've seen is merely a finisher with poor technique since he's criticised these types of players before ?

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Hmm, well I for one think that this team is starting to gel and the only real weakness that cannot be un-noticed during the off season is the signing of a world-class striker. Saviola is good, but he cannot play in this lone striker formation if we continue to use it. It's looking more and more likely that Kluivert's time with us is running out. Thiery Henry is a dream signing, but I wonder how realistic that is.

We've all heard the Trezeguet rumours, I've never been too fond of him. Then again, never really have paid that much attention to him so maybe he's as good as I've heard.

As for the right wing sittuation, I'm totally lost on why it seems that we have given up on Quaresma. Why are we going after Loque, isn't Quaresma suppose to be the next big thing?

Cheers, appreciate any info. :)

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Re: Re: Should Barca sign alot or the necessary??

Angel_Culé said:

Where's Ronaldinho? Luis Garcia?

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Sign the necessity, this summer 7 came in and 2 really payed off and 2 are an improvement but not greatly on current form.

I feel we need a leftback (Navarro has only played 3 minutes in Albacete so i cant say how some can say hes progressing well), right back, right midfield and striker.

Reizeger may last another season so for this season all efforts should be for striker left back and right midfield, however on Luis current form the prior two are more necessary.

Names, well this board are aiming high which is good and Davids, Ronaldinho are proof of that but I doubt if Trezeguet and Larsson would make the same impact.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Should Barca sign alot or the necessary??

dian said:
Where's Ronaldinho?
Gaucho = Ronaldinho :D
dian said:
Luis Garcia?
That I'd like to know, too. :)

Personally, I believe that Luis Garcia is becoming more and more a star player and no matter on which side of the field he plays he should be a starter (definitely above Luque).

·
Registered
167 Posts
I copy the things I said in my thread about the summer transfer window: (I didn't see that there already was made another thread about this subject when I made mine)

What should Barca do during the summer transfer window?
I don't think Barca needs more than 2-3 new acqusitions during the summer. About 5-6 players will leave the club. Using the cantera players have proven to be a wise choice. Of the new acquistions I think that we need a new striker (which we will get) and a new left-back. Perhaps we should also get another defender to give Rijkaard some more options at the back. Right now the defence line seems a bit vulnarable to injuries.

So who should Barca buy? I only say the names I think is realistic/plausible.:

Striker: One of Torres, Trezeguet or Vieri

Left-back: Harder to find good alternatives, but Maxwell, Juanfran, Sylvinho and Patrice Evra of Monaco are all good alternatives. Are Sylvinho and Maxwell both non-EU and won't get a EU-passport, then they are out of the question.

Defender: Ricardo Carvalho, Sebastian Schillaci, Andrade, Gallas, Revelliere.

Likely departures:

Rustu, Kluivert, Overmars, Luis Enrique, Gabri and Gerard.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Kluivert 's time is coming to an end:depress:

Trezeguet is the best in that posistion, has killer Instinct
buy will cost a lot.

I wonder wich clubs will sign Overmars ,Reiziger, Kluivert .....
maybe Glasgow:pp
they have the money and the need for new players

Why signing Luque when we have Saviola ann Luis Carcia??

If Barca is to sign players,it should only be the best ,
like someone said before no time and risk of money for future stars (talents).

and with the best I mean RONALDINHO + DAVIDS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts