Xtratime Community banner

Bye bye Frenchie?

• Total voters
121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if he watches the same games we do. We were comprehensively dominated in both games against Villa, but we're somehow "improving" after one decent defensive performance against a toothless Pompey side?

I don't buy it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
This topic...I just couldn't imagine it. We weren't great before Wenger, half of you people wouldn't even support Arsenal if it weren't for what he has brang to us. I know that people say that maybe he has done all he can for us and maybe its time for him to move on but what would that achieve? Who could possibly replace him? Even if we find one, could they bring the attacking free-flowing football that we all adore? Could they work on our wage and budget structure like Arsene has (maybe how he had in the past)? Most importantly, could they bring us trophies? I don't think there is anyone on the planet that we could possibly appoint to replace and lets not hope we have to encounter this problem until he calls it a day.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
This topic...I just couldn't imagine it. We weren't great before Wenger, half of you people wouldn't even support Arsenal if it weren't for what he has brang to us. I know that people say that maybe he has done all he can for us and maybe its time for him to move on but what would that achieve? Who could possibly replace him? Even if we find one, could they bring the attacking free-flowing football that we all adore? Could they work on our wage and budget structure like Arsene has (maybe how he had in the past)? Most importantly, could they bring us trophies? I don't think there is anyone on the planet that we could possibly appoint to replace and lets not hope we have to encounter this problem until he calls it a day.
I've been a fan since 96, so obviously this topic is not easy at all for me. Personally, I think he should be given more time anyways.

However, you look at his comments like the one today and you really wonder what he is thinking. This team I've watched all season is a long, long, long ways from "dominating" the EPL, not 1 percent.

I will always support AW, but he worries me.

·
Registered
30,022 Posts
I think he's getting to an age where he's too stubborn to admit where he's gone wrong or he's trying to keep harmoney at the club, 'cos it's all been spilling out this season hasn't it? We've been dreadful to even watch this season, so hopefully the guy DOES something in January about positions that need cover or players who'll do the job instead of thinking they're superstars when they're still 3 years old. Personally, I say he stays until the end of his contract, hopefully we'll have another trophy by then? :(

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I don't worry about AW as he is stubborn but he is also ambitious, my real worry is the fact our board seems to be in utter disarray, the left hand seems to have no clue as to what the right hand wants to do let alone retain a sound, harmonious and ambitious agenda that will lead to success both on and off the pitch.

I just do not get the ambitious vibe from our board, they seem more than happy with 4TH and the odd challenge for the PL and CL honours and seem out of touch on how calamitous missing out on the CL would be to the club and that it very well lead to years of mediocrity. You just get the sense with our current board there will always be an excuse as to why not to sign the likes of an Arshavin, Ribery, Alonso, Arteta etc etc They truly seem to not be willing or able to understand that sooner or later to overtake the likes of Man Utd, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barca etc that signing the likes of Arshavin or Ribery is at some point necessary.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, it's being said enough across the threads in this forum so there may as well be a thread for it after another terrible performance that disgraces 122 years of proud history.

I've made my feelings perfectly clear. I've had enough of his bullshit.
10 years later and it's still the same.

High-larious how right I was then. 10 years ago! TEN.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts