Xtratime Community banner

Bye bye Frenchie?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it's being said enough across the threads in this forum so there may as well be a thread for it after another terrible performance that disgraces 122 years of proud history.

I've made my feelings perfectly clear. I've had enough of his bullshit.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I will wait to calm down before I make any rash statements but I must add this.

Hurts like hell to admit it but kids only experiment has FAILED. This what happens when a club truly believes in can under go umpteen years of transition. It's simply naive to think the future is ours simply by acquiring quality kids with no real thought about winning here and now, it's the height of arrogance and ignorance to think the entire football world would stand still and wait for our progression. The Premiership has moved on.

That's the simple thing a lot of folks esp AW and the board don't get. The world won't stand still and wait for us to develop our "potential".

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
if wenger buys some players in summer, i think he can turn it around. he's done great things for this club. but the last 4 seasons.. we've accomplished nothing but letting key players leave our side. and wenger being as tight as spandex, has not spent any money on GOOD quality players in the transfermarket.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
You knew all along that your team is playing above its potential.

You must allow the hiccups.

When the kids gets better, they will be sold. Do you acutally expect wenger to have unlimited consistency on the new kids before and after?

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
transfers are key- even wenger will realise its time to buy in january- im sure of that. things are getting too desperate.

we need to spend big money on a cb and cm. and not just some bargain buy- two world class names who will lift morale at the club.

rvp is really frustrating me- i really hope eduardo can get back to his best and take rvp's place.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I backed him to the hilt until this summer - but this summer really was the acid test and he failed big time.

It's not just the lack of signings, the general feel of the team at the moment is just not good. I wouldn't say yes yet, but at the end of the season we need to see where we are, how the season went and what Wenger did to sort it. Certainly if he does nothing in the January transfer window and we finish outside the top four then I would say he has to go.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
if wenger buys some players in summer, i think he can turn it around. he's done great things for this club. but the last 4 seasons.. we've accomplished nothing but letting key players leave our side. and wenger being as tight as spandex, has not spent any money on GOOD quality players in the transfermarket.

Well we tried an experiment of kids, saved money and a few years of transition was said to herald a new era of success but sadly it has failed. Honestly though I can take it, it was a nice ideal but it has failed, we all know what we need and the only question now is will the board and AW step up and do what we all know needs to be done? If they do than no worries but if they do not than as I said last night

Exactly what are our goals as a club?

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
You have to see what he does in January but there has been so much damage done to this side now mentally that even bringing in a couple of players may not magically resolve now what they find themselves in but you have got to be proactive rather than just sitting on your hands. The mess is a very deep one.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
i disagree, a couple of world class players in the right areas would benifit us. we are sorely lacking in midfield, imagine say gareth barry instead of denilson and a quality central defender who can head the ball in our team, the whole team would grow in confidence i believe.

i wouldnt say no to bringing in appiah right now- as a fix, plus he'd add bulk to our squad even if we buy a midfielder in jan. we really need fresh faces.

i wouldnt mind one of denilson/song going- im fed up with both of them

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Yes we have said those two positions since the end of last season when Flamini left and we knew the centre of defence needed some boost. It's just that he has left it dreadfully late.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Yes we have said those two positions since the end of last season when Flamini left and we knew the centre of defence needed some boost. It's just that he has left it dreadfully late.
How sad is it we would not invest in a top CM or CB yet we some how manage to have the third highest wage bill in the World only behind Chelsea and Man Utd? :rollani::rollani:

No Captain, No Managing Director, No Director of Football.

****ing shambles.

·
Registered
5,158 Posts
I'd give him till the end of the season, we owe him at least that for 1996-2005.

It's very alarming what's going on right now though.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
i think he wont be there for the next game either sacked or resign??

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
i think he wont be there for the next game either sacked or resign??
Not a chance in hell.

FYI AW will NEVER get sacked by this board, the man has made them literally billions. What needs to happen is obvious lets see what the board and AW do from now until January before we sack him Spurs style.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
fickle

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
He is just so deeply imbedded in this club that a sacking will never happen. He will decide if he has had enough but walking away you would not think is his style. Remember these are Wenger's players. If you think the situation is bad now if he was sacked there would be a players revolt. Just reading that again. "Wenger's players", not Arsenal players. Brings us round to Arsene FC all again.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Wenger shouldn't be sacked. However, he should be reminded that his plan of building 'future squad' is no longer valid. Sooner or later, Fabregas will leave this team if we sell all of our best players with no intention of retaining their services. Many friends of mine told me that letting Flamini and Hleb are confirming that Arsenal has no ambition to overcome other club's rise of power.

Wenger should learned to be 'cruel' against unperformed players. Bendtner, for example, hasn't shown any sign that he can score a goal in three matches. If I were him, I'd sell both Bendtner and Adebayor, and use the money to buy Benzema.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Wenger can take a shit on the chairman's desk and the chairman would clean it with a smile on his face.

You fickle fvckers should learn a thing or two from Liverpool supporters. They've gone without a title for how long now?

It's amazing to me how some are quick to suggest Arsene Wenger get axed when there's no obvious plan B. Who woud you idiots bring in if Wenger were sacked? That's right. You have no fvcking idea and you disregard any long term planning for the club's future. Clubs succeed when there's continuity. Wenger is building up this club the way he is doing in order for the club to be in sound financial standing.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts