Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy stunk it up with Juventus :yuck::yuck::yuck: and only managed to win 1 Serie A title in 14 years as a coach :eek::eek::eek:. Take away the UCL Cups Milan won in 03 (mainly thanks to Maldini :proud::proud::proud: & Nesta :proud::proud::proud:) and 07 (thanks to Ronaldo :proud::proud::proud:) and his coaching career has been nothing short of tragic :happy:!

Milan should have fired him 2-3 seasons ago but the club was way too kind to him…:howler:

So he joins the “mighty” Chelsea and big surprise: He’s stinking up the place worse than Felipao :happy::happy::happy: did, IMHO!
Ancelotti got OUTCLASSED and OUTCOACHED by Mourinho! Inter deserved the win.

They completely outplayed Chelsea in the 2nd half. Mourinho knew what he was doing. On the other hand, the Italian was clueless :strong:.

Chelsea didn't even create 1 chance in the whole 2nd half even after they went down 1-0. That says a lot about how comfortable Inter was.
Abramovich should get his money back, no doubt!

Your thoughts…your thoughts

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I always think Ance is not a top manager in Europe.

He just great at first planning but nothing to admire in solving the game.

You can see why Milan lose Liverpool in 2005 UCL final.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
can we revoke Dagoods posting licence?

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Yes, and Maurizio Mosca for West Ham. :D

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

He just great at first planning but nothing to admire in solving the game.

You can see why Milan lose Liverpool in 2005 UCL final.
I feel the same way :thumbsup:

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think he'll get sacked unless he wins the league, yeah.
Chelsea will probably end up winning the league now though :(:eek::yuck:

·
Registered
44,998 Posts
He's good but I doubt him when his team are down. And Chelsea are not "special" without Cole and especially Essien.
And Cech. Think Malouda wasn't terrible though, to be fair.

About the match, all the reports I read after the match said that Ancelotti was anticipating an overly defensive approach by Inter. Since Mourinho didn't stick to the "script", Ancelotti had problems.

But the thing is that both coaches couldn't sit back. Chelsea needed a goal and had to be out on the attack. Inter could have come out with the intention of sitting back and defend the entire match but letting in one goal would mean the pressure would be on Inter to score. So a "park the bus" mentality would be really dangerous.

Ultimately, it was Chelsea's attack that let them down. I think Lampard is a great player but he didn't play the way he could. Anelka was a ghost and Drogba did well but was well contained. Cambiasso was there to help out the defence (which he did extremely well) but that's been his role under Mourinho all along. In this connection, I don't think the absence of Essien and Cole offensively would have made much of (or any) difference in the offensive aspect, which was precisely what Chelsea needed to be in top gear.

Chelsea's defence did a good job apart from a couple of errors (which happen). They contained Milito, used the offside trap well and did some good pressing against Sneijder and Eto'o, who drifted out wide (but that's how he's largely played under Mourinho).

Perhaps the one change that ought to have been made on Chelsea's part is bringing on Kalou for a largely ineffective Anelka at halftime.

Chelsea are very similar to Inter (unsurprisingly) in terms of their play. But a fundamental difference is the tireless running and tracking back of offensive players - something which Chelsea has lost since Mourinho left. Over the two legs, that pressure by Inter paid dividends.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
And Cech. Think Malouda wasn't terrible though, to be fair.

About the match, all the reports I read after the match said that Ancelotti was anticipating an overly defensive approach by Inter. Since Mourinho didn't stick to the "script", Ancelotti had problems.

But the thing is that both coaches couldn't sit back. Chelsea needed a goal and had to be out on the attack. Inter could have come out with the intention of sitting back and defend the entire match but letting in one goal would mean the pressure would be on Inter to score. So a "park the bus" mentality would be really dangerous.

Ultimately, it was Chelsea's attack that let them down. I think Lampard is a great player but he didn't play the way he could. Anelka was a ghost and Drogba did well but was well contained. Cambiasso was there to help out the defence (which he did extremely well) but that's been his role under Mourinho all along. In this connection, I don't think the absence of Essien and Cole offensively would have made much of (or any) difference in the offensive aspect, which was precisely what Chelsea needed to be in top gear.

Chelsea's defence did a good job apart from a couple of errors (which happen). They contained Milito, used the offside trap well and did some good pressing against Sneijder and Eto'o, who drifted out wide (but that's how he's largely played under Mourinho).

Perhaps the one change that ought to have been made on Chelsea's part is bringing on Kalou for a largely ineffective Anelka at halftime.

Chelsea are very similar to Inter (unsurprisingly) in terms of their play. But a fundamental difference is the tireless running and tracking back of offensive players - something which Chelsea has lost since Mourinho left. Over the two legs, that pressure by Inter paid dividends.
The last paragraph is spot on and the most important one. Mourinho pressed them so efficiently that they could not turn up. And that led Chelsea errors in the both ends. Don't make excuses for Chelsea, Mou simply outclassed Ancelotti in this case.

·
Registered
13,071 Posts
Chelsea's players sucked, too, tho. Ballack? Terry? Lampard? Anelka? Where did they go? Their entire midfield was overrun and Sneijder consistently got space to make wonderful balls.

·
A true hero
31,326 Posts
Essien would have made a massive difference Firdy. When Chelsea are playing like that he's the guy that can inject drive.

·
Registered
44,998 Posts
The last paragraph is spot on and the most important one. Mourinho pressed them so efficiently that they could not turn up. And that led Chelsea errors in the both ends. Don't make excuses for Chelsea, Mou simply outclassed Ancelotti in this case.
Thanks. Not making excuses for Chelsea at all. Just pointing out that if their key attacking players were on form, it could well have been a different story. All of these players have faced pressure on the ball before. Hell, they had to play like that under Mourinho too! :D So yeah, no excuses for them.

And yeah, Mourinho did outclass Ancelotti.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Oh, come on. The guy was having a great season until yesterday!

We are in the semi-finals of the FA Cup. We can be first in the Premier League if we won our game in hand. We were eliminated in penalties in the Carling Cup. And we were outplayed in the Champions League by an amazing team like Inter and his master coach.

But the most important thing. We have had ups and downs, like every team, but in my opinion we have played some of our best football for years.

Right now, we have problems. Our midfield can't create absolutely nothing if the rivals pressure a bit on them (Lampard and Ballack, terrible yesterday). Anelka doesn't perform in the wing, clearly. And Joe Cole... well, I don't know what to say. But others, like Alex, Ivanovic, Malouda and Drogba are playing well these days (except against Inter).

I can't make excuses, but our injuries affect a lot to our team. If Ballack, Belletti, Kalou and Hilario were injured, no problem. But we have Essien (our best midfielder), Ashley Cole (Zhirkov is very good, but he's having problems with his knees, and Cole was playing amazing) and Cech, our starter goalkeeper. I think Essien would make a great difference for us. Sadly, he's still out.

Anyway, I don't think Carlo has something to fear. Chelsea would make a great mistake if they sack him because we don't win the league. We have to sign a few needed players (creative midfielder, right winger, skilfull striker...) and we will be back next season.

·
Registered
34,454 Posts
I think Chelsea needs some younger blood, too many old guns playing. Ancelotti needs time to build his own team, the problem though is, that if you look back at Ancelotti`s Milan, i am not sure the young blood what is needed, will be brought in.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Yeah, he only won the CL 2 times this decade, what a loser.:rollani:

Typical kneejerk thread as usual...

1 - 20 of 70 Posts