Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of putting this in the Transfers thread but I figured we can discuss who you like out of these players for Inter. We know our defense hasn't been great this season, as well as our defense is really aging (Materazzi, Milha, Gamarra) which leaves us with Burdisso (23), and Cordoba (28?). I thought it was interesting that there was this list on the internet. There are supposedly 7 defenders we are looking at to possibly join us next season.
The list is as follows:

Kompany (Anderlecht)
Metzelder (Dortmund)
Gonzalo Rodriquez (Villareal)
Jose Andrade (Deportivo)
Luisao (Benfica)
Bonera (Parma)
Chivu (Roma)

So who would you choose here? and what are your opinions?

I also read that if we get Luisao, one of Emre or Karagounis will leave.

The source is calciomercato.it

·
Registered
247 Posts
Kompany or Chivu would be my choice.
Luis Suarez confirmed that Mancini has asked him to scout for a defender who'll come in the summer and that Luisao is one of the targets , but denied that Emre might be involved in a deal which is good to hear.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Well gamarra and mihalovic's contract runs out in the summer. And Samuel might be available in the summer according to rumours.

If Samuel is available he is my 1st choice and chivu second.

I would kompany and 1 of samuel/chivu.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
It's pointless even considering Kompany as the main defensive target for the summer due to his age.

He's far too young and inexperienced (relatively speaking) to shoulder the responsibility of being 1 of the clubs 2 main CB's.

The ideal scenario would be one of Samuel, Chivu, Bonera, Luisao, Andrade with Kompany brought in as backup with Burdisso.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
CardiffRed said:
It's pointless even considering Kompany as the main defensive target for the summer due to his age.

He's far too young and inexperienced (relatively speaking) to shoulder the responsibility of being 1 of the clubs 2 main CB's.

The ideal scenario would be one of Samuel, Chivu, Bonera, Luisao, Andrade with Kompany brought in as backup with Burdisso.
My choice would be like this:
1.Cordoba
2.Samuel/Chivu
3/4.Burdisso
3/4. Kompany
5.Materrazi

And if matrix doesn't except the 5th spot just sell him.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Chivu, Samuel & Andrade. In no particular order.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think Chivu would be awesome to partner Cordoba, plus if needed, Chivu could play LB in extreme circumstances.

The problem with Chivu is that Roma paid 18 million pounds for him, so I think they would want around the same amount or more, unless Chivu tries to force a transfer (which is unlikely)

Samuel would also be welcomed, but again, Real paid 25 million for this guy and will want a huge sum of money or try and use Samuel to talk about Adriano.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Kompany (Anderlecht)
Metzelder (Dortmund)
Gonzalo Rodriquez (Villareal) Just to stick it up the Gobbi!
Jose Andrade (Deportivo)
Luisao (Benfica)
Bonera (Parma)
Chivu (Roma)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
These are the players who would be good for us (just like Interista said):

Metzelder (Dortmund)
Jose Andrade (Deportivo)
Luisao (Benfica)
Chivu (Roma)
Kompany (Anderlecht)
Samuel (Real Madrid)

Bonera and G.Rodriquez are not in my list as I have got no clue on the latter one. I don't think Bonera would be the man for us.

I have also not seen Jose Andrade, but from what I have read and heard, he does seem to be a very good young defender.

There are many rumours saying that we might opt for Luisao and Kompany would also be brought for the future, stg like that.

Chivu is a kind of defender I really admire, but isn't he kinda injury prone.

On Kompany, I am too confused. Some people say he could do the job for us, whereas some said it would take sometime. I have seen 2/3 matches when he has played (twice against us) and he has really impressed me.

Metzelder - He's just made his return after a long time, so no clue on this defender as well.

How good is that Spurs' defender (Ledley King) ?? Have heard so much of him, might have to check out on him from now on. Paul Ince did well with us, but had to return back due to his personal problems (tht's wht i read), so why can't L.King do well for us ?? :nerd:
And I don't think that the management won't be going after English defenders. After all, we were seriously rumoured to S.Campbell few seasons back, only for him to join Arsenal.

Samuel would be the best defender, coz of his experience in Italy. But I doubt he's gonna return back to Italy. He could be the perfect partner for Cordoba and Burdisso will also learn a lot from him, I guess.

:thumbsup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
About Samuel.. these days in Real.. i just happened to see him going for the opposing player more than the ball. Is he really off-form.... or Real's Attacking nature.. is really making him uncomfortable? Mancini's arent so Cuperish also.

About Defenders... I say stick to our current ones... we need continuity in many areas.. and its not like our defenders are no good... Gammara... please stay.

·
Second Place Winner February Photo Contest
2,631 Posts
About Samuel, maybe he sucks cuz Roma played with 3 at the back, Real play with flat 4.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
pravesh said:
Chivu is a kind of defender I really admire, but isn't he kinda injury prone.

Metzelder - He's just made his return after a long time, so no clue on this defender as well.

Samuel would be the best defender, coz of his experience in Italy. But I doubt he's gonna return back to Italy. He could be the perfect partner for Cordoba and Burdisso will also learn a lot from him, I guess.

:thumbsup:
Chivu wasn't that injury prone last year, basically he broke a bone in his foot and that is the reason for his lay-off, but last season he was amazing.
Metzelder, on the other hand, is a player which is very injury prone.
Samuel i would welcome. If Moratti has to spend a bit, then so be it, because this is the one area where we are that bad.

After today, I think we should all agree that Materazzi shouldn't wear the shirt ever again. Mihajlovic is clearly better than him but not only slightly, Materazzi just sucks huge.

·
Registered
249 Posts
They're trying to put Kompany at midfield now, cos his technique and présence would suit there the best. Just like they once turned Vieira from defender to defensive mid.
He will not be Inter's main defender next year.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
William, thanks for the insight..here's some cofirmation:

Inter confirm Luisao interest Sunday 6 February, 2005

Nerazzurri talent scout Luis Suarez has confirmed reports that they are looking at Benfica’s Luisao as well as six other central defenders.

“Roberto Mancini has requested a new centre-back for next season,” revealed Suarez in the Italian Press this morning. “Luisao is one of those players we are tracking closely.”

Inter’s defensive worries have calmed of late, but there are still problems in the centre where Marco Materazzi, Sinisa Mihajlovic and summer signing Nicolas Andre Burdisso have not lived up to expectations.

Newspaper reports had already suggested a £5m bid for Benfica man Luisao was in the pipeline and now that interest has been confirmed with Giorgios Karagounis or Emre Belozoglu perhaps included in a swap deal.

“I couldn’t say whether the two clubs have been in contact yet,” added Suarez. “Towards April or May we will decide which of the potential targets to really go for. Luisao is an interesting player who we know well, but he is not the only option.”

Other defenders being looked at for a San Siro switch are Vincent Kompany of Anderlecht, Borussia Dortmund’s Metzelder, Villarreal man Gonzalo Rodriguez and Andrade of Deportivo La Coruna.

There are also a few Serie A names that have caught Mancini’s eye, such as Roma defender Cristian Chivu – also a target for Juve and Milan – and Parma’s Daniele Bonera (pictured).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Metzelder would be perfect. Dortmund is in bad financial situation. They could sell him.
No doubt, the future looks very bright for him.

·
Registered
10,624 Posts
Interista said:
Maybe you should of checked the Rumour thread before posting
Hey Interista.. This is getting old. Stop telling people where and how to post. Mind your own business.

This is not a threat. Its an advice.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Razman said:
Hey Interista.. This is getting old. Stop telling people where and how to post. Mind your own business.

This is not a threat. Its an advice.
David vs Goliath, Member vs Forum Manager. I have a feeling about the outcome, but you never know :rolleyes: :angel: ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts