Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From free kicks and gernal play my shooting on the outside of the boot, attempting to kick right foot and curl the ball from left to right is quite poor.

On the volly i am quite good but when the ball is on the ground i stuggle.

A few of my team mates are great at it and hit the ball on a angle (run up isnt stright but on a angle)

Any tips?

cheers.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
From free kicks and gernal play my shooting on the outside of the boot, attempting to kick right foot and curl the ball from left to right is quite poor.

On the volly i am quite good but when the ball is on the ground i stuggle.

A few of my team mates are great at it and hit the ball on a angle (run up isnt stright but on a angle)

Any tips?

cheers.
I can put bundle of spin with the outside of my boot.

Allign your right foot with the right side of the ball and go straight and suddenly change the direction of your foot to the left - middle of the ball and you should get the spin and power needed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My tip is to practise often - you need to feel completely comfortable where you are going to put it. Indeed, my favourite shot is a flick on from a free kick and slamming it outside of the foot - the bend can quite often deceive goalkeepers. Also try to "curve" your foot through the ball as you hit it - often if you hit it straight through at an angle it fluffs and travels nowhere, and you look an ass! :D

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Hit it hard and turn the toe toward the ground

·
Registered
234 Posts
Your trying too hard. I used to have this problem, try not to use so much of the out side of the foot but play it more central to the foot but still favouring the outside and this will give the effect you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
the best way of improving is start with trying it with a short wind up...a few inches from the ball and follow through..this gets you used to the feel of motion..then as you get better practice a larger "wind up" with your leg...and finally you'll be able to Kick it full range.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts