Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know all those who hail from world champion countries wish Brazil would become a shock 1st round loser, but chances are better for World War III to start before that happens so....

Personaly, I think that most of the European countries will have learned their lesson from Korea/Japan 2002, so I predict that the group of death will be the only one with a shock exit.

That would be either Argentina or Holland leaving the world cup early, for me.

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
Why not, perhaps us, the aussies and the japs all imrpove our goal difference against Brazil :)

·
Registered
36,109 Posts
the USA just hammered in a friendly against the krauts, maybe they're stronger for it?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Al Capone said:
Italy, or Czech....the I-ties and the C's take the USA too lightly
Ghana has no world cup experience, as far as for the USA, you're right, anything may happen, but I firmly believe that Italy's crusing through that group.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
Ero said:
the USA just hammered in a friendly against the krauts, maybe they're stronger for it?
ero usa was missing about 7 of there starters while germany had there whole team basically..u can throw that game out in my book cause thats not the usa team u will see in the world cup..i watched alot of usa qualifiers..they are a very solid team..they will not be an easy out trust me..

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
spidey said:
ero usa was missing about 7 of there starters while germany had there whole team basically..u can throw that game out in my book cause thats not the usa team u will see in the world cup..i watched alot of usa qualifiers..they are a very solid team..they will not be an easy out trust me..
Germany was also missing Frings and Deisler, two vital players.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Ghana has no world cup experience, as far as for the USA, you're right, anything may happen, but I firmly believe that Italy's crusing through that group.
Given Italy's long running habit of sucking at the start of major tournaments I doubt that very much.

As for the topic at hand I would have said France or Spain had they not got such easy groups. Would Sweden going out in the first round be a shock?

·
Registered
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Borruma II said:
Given Italy's long running habit of sucking at the start of major tournaments I doubt that very much.

As for the topic at hand I would have said France or Spain had they not got such easy groups. Would Sweden going out in the first round be a shock?
Not after the drubbing your countrymen handed Sweden, no.

As far as for italy, this one has an attacking philosophy, thus my prediction.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Holland will go out, Ivory Coast and Argentina will go through.

and maybe England going out with Paraguay and Sweden going through...although there's not as much of a chance of this as the first one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
England will go out in the first round mark my words, they are the most overrated and overhyped team ever!!! :thumbsup: :tongue: :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think Holland is going to choke, just like Argentina did in Japan. They're one of my favorites, and they're due, but for some reason they don't seem as strong as I first thought them to be. And England is not overrated. They're that good; the best team, second to Brazil.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts