Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well if Emerson is going to wear number 8, then maybe Nakata will wear 7. That's the number he used to wear in J-League. Also for the Japan national team he wore 7(aside from World Cup 98).

4-3-3 is going to be great. And with Nakata now subbing(what a waste...) I think Roma will have plenty of players for Serie A, UEFA cup etc. I'm excited how all of this is going to come together. I'm hoping that team chemistry will be tight.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nakata use to wear 7 at Perugia you remember, if hes does get this number, lets hope it will make him play like he did for them.

He was excellent, and was always a mayor part of Perugia's attacks and there goalscoring.

Did Perugia always play with one up, and Hide just behaind?.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think they played with 2 up front - a striker (Amoruso or Melli) and Milan Rapijc just off the main striker. Nakata played in the hole behind midfield and the forwards.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I heard that Totti would give his No.10 jersey to Either Montella or Bati in order to settle down the disputes for number 9. Totti would then wear No. 20 like in the National squad

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Totti did say he was ready to give the no.10 up,
but that was probably just to show how silly fighting
over a number really is.In fact he said something like:
"We have a real chance to win something now, so let's
not ruin it for ashirt.Besides neither of them would
probably have the heart to take no.10 away from Totti.
Wouldn't make you very popular in Rome, would it now !?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not sure how about the jersey numbers, but Nakata has been wearing #10 for the preseason matches. I think he wore it for the second time against some practice game against minor league team. Anyways, it looks like Nakata is in great shape already. He's going to leave the camp for olympics but I hope that he will leave a great impression for the team.

cheers,

PS. damn olympics. I really want to season to start sooner.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Is Nakata playing in tonights friendly against some Spanish side, I hope so, becuase its on Eurosport, so I can watch it.

According to http://www.jsoccer.com Nakata is not going to the Olympics, I think.

Can you confirm whether he is?. I just jope we get to see the Football at the Olympics in England as I want to see Japan play.

Has anyone got any info on the friendlys, eg. goalscores, man of matchs etc.

FORZA NAKATA

Morn.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Morn,

I think Nakata is going to the olympics. The roster names listed on the Jsoccer.com website is accurate, but these are the players who will be called on for training camp for olympics. JFA and Japan coach Troussier knows that Nakata needs to be in Roma, so they have decided not to call Nakata to camp nor some pre-olympics matches. If you look at the roster there are a few players over the age limit but out of those listed, I'm pretty sure it will be GK Narazaki, DF Morioka and Nakata. FW Nishizawa has a good chance but currently he is in talks with Spanish teams and French teams. So he may not go to Olympics if he closes a deal with any of these teams. Also the midfield line up tells us that Nakata is vital. There are two AM's listed who are Nakamura and Ono, but Ono is still recovering from another injury. So it's most likely that Nakata will be called up. Nakata has played with this team previously so he knows what the team is capable of and what he can contribute to the team.

I'd wished that he wouldn't go to the olympics. Also the media is reporting that his website may become a direct violation with Olympic rules. I haven't followed up entirely, but it seems like that no olympians may promote, report or keep a diary and broadcast these contents live during the olympics. So far there hasn't been any actions taken but I don't think there's going to be any big deal about it.

cheers,

PS.
I'm excited about the olympics since Japan will play against Brasil again. I hope they can beat them again like 96 Atlanta olympics. Anyways, this team will be the core of 2002 World cup, so regardless of the outcome, it will be a great experience for the team.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts