Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
anybody have heard about that your team will be wearing this vintage shirt next season? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Yes I have, shit thread, next.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
It's the 1909 Cup final shirt that our very own Billy Meredith provided the club with.

It's now well known we'll be having a chevron on all the shirts next season. I'm not sure we'll be bringing a white one out but rumour is the home shirt will have a white chevron and there'll be new black away shirt with a blue chevron on it.

Couldn't give a fcuk though because I won't be buying it and I don't have any kids to buy it for.

We could play in all red for all I care.:eek:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
It's the 1909 Cup final shirt that our very own Billy Meredith proved the club with.

It's now well known we'll be having a chevron on all the shirts next season. I'm not sure we'll be bringing a white one out but rumour is the home shirt will have a white chevron and there'll be new black away shirt with a blue chevron on it.

Couldn't give a fcuk though because I won't be buying it and I don't have any kids to buy it for.

We could play in all red for all I care.:eek:
I wouldn't mind having a green/yellow strip again.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
I wouldn't mind having a green/yellow strip again.
I know. What was that kit like?

Best away kit we've ever had. If I had my way the Newton Heath kit would be our first choice away kit and then I'd rotate the more traditional blue and white kits as well as the sexy as fcuk more recent Black kit. Sharp ViewCam in 93... now that was a kit.

Spunktastic.

Palace, Selhurst Park. Sparky's volley... those were the fcukin days.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
I gave my little cousin (1 year old) all my kits from the 90s, some ****ing crackers he's now got :(

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Did the same thing with a young 'un I knew when I was growing up.

He wasn't poor but his Mam (on her own) could never afford to buy him the kits when they came out so every time I got the new kit I'd give him the old kit that was being replaced because it was out of date and it was -100 top red points every time you wore an out of date kit 'round our way.

Wish to God I'd have been a selfish little bastard growing up.:(

·
Registered
5,797 Posts

He wasn't poor but his Mam (on her own) could never afford to buy him the kits when they came out so every time I got the new kit I'd give him the old kit that was being replaced because it was out of date and it was -100 top red points every time you wore an out of date kit 'round our way.

You get to 20 and realise you should have got a adult sized shirt as well as your kids shirt, god knows I wish I did :(

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Rumours from two people on two separate forums (Red Issue and a Melbourne Victory forum) suggest we will wear a V.

2 people who both claim to have it from Nike.

It would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You get to 20 and realise you should have got a adult sized shirt as well as your kids shirt, god knows I wish I did :(
A lot of my old Umbro kits still fit ok for me, my parents always suggested I buy a few sizes up.

Wise people.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
A lot of my old Umbro kits still fit ok for me, my parents always suggested I buy a few sizes up.

Wise people.
I'm talking pre 95 kits, if any of those stil fit you, I'd be very impressed.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I'v still got the infamous grey-ish kit which got changed at half time against Southampton.

·
Registered
741 Posts
We've had some shockers over the years.

·
Registered
10,639 Posts

I had a good 10 kits from when I was younger and some classics too. They ended up getting stolen. Bastards.

Some of the ones that got nicked:

And then my pride and joy. My first ever United kit:

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Got the 98-99 white away one, classic.

And the home red kit with the laces on the collar.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'm talking pre 95 kits, if any of those stil fit you, I'd be very impressed.
Oh.

in that case, yeah I wish they still fit me, they're perfect hang up display size but.

I'm wearing my dad's old Treble kit right now, which is great.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
This was my first United shirt, MADCHESTAAAAAAA

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
how can you forget

Only ever worn in one competitive game i believe

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Addidas and Umbro know how to make kits.

The less said about Nike the better.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts