Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shield Operation started several weeks before the flight to Italy. Phone calls has been made and E-Mails has been sent to the Juventus board for one purpose - making this trip more the "just" a trip to Italy and to watch a Juve game. We had an idea - to give our beloved captain an honor shield on the occasion of his Juventus' top scorer record breaking. We looked for the right translation and wording, we approached to a company which makes special shields and trophies and choose the designing and fonts and this is the result...

"To Alessandro Del Piero, Juventus' all time top scorer, with great honor - Juventus Club Israel".

At the day of the flight, I packed the shield in my bag and didn't forget to take another present for Del Piero - a framed picture of him with our fan club shirt, a picture I took a year ago when Juventus were in Israel...

I arrived at Thursday evening and went to the hotel. On friday morning, I went with my friend from the fan club to travel in Como. Very nice and beautifull place but there isn't much things to do there beside looking on view. However, soccer fans like us will go first to visit the local soccer stadium...

We went back to Milano afternoon and just hang around Milano, waiting for tomorrow when we will go to the Juventus training ground and will try to give Del Piero the shield and the picture. Like I said before, I made phone calls and sent E-Mails and I even sent a message to Fabio Capello through a contact man, but unfortunatlly Capello refused to let Del Piero talk with the fans day before the importent match against Milan so we decided to try our luck alone.

Saturday came and we went to the training ground in Torino. Capello closed the door of the training ground in front of the fans and media so we all just waited outside. We were shocked when we realised that the training ground has 2 exits which are very far from each other and therefore we couldn't know from which exit would the players go out...

We asked the guarder if he knows from where Del Piero will go out but he said he doesn't know. We went to the second exit but the guarder in this exit didn't know the answer either. We decided to gamble and we stayed in the second exit.
Suddenly, one of the team's men, probably the warehouseman or something like that went out somewhere. The guarder, which was very nice, told us that we should try to give the shield and the picture to Del piero through this guy and when he returned, we asked him, with an unclear Italian speaking, to give the shield and the picture to Del Piero. The nice man said he will do it and went back inside.
We were very nervous and anxious to see if anything will turn out from it and then, against every chance, someone familiar came out...

We were amazed by the surprise. He went around the fans, smiling and giving autographs. And then, he and the guarder whispered each other and the gusrder also pointed at me. Del Piero strated to go toward me, outstretch his hand, shook my hand and said to me "Thank you very much. It's very nice" or something like that. I stood there with open-mouthed, shaking his hand and told him that "this is with a great love and respect from all Juventus fans in Israel"...

He thanked me again and asked to have a picture with us! (Yes, he asked!)...

Del Piero said goodbye and went to his car. It took us few minutes to relax and get back to life after this unbelievable experience. On our way to the first exit way that we waited at, we met another familiar face...

And then the rest of the players also went out...

We decided to spoil ourselves with a big pizza and on our way to the pizzeria, we went first to the Comunale - the previous Juventus' training ground, the place where the opening ceremony of winter olympic games took place and the stadium where Juve will play next year...

after that, we went to the "Juventus Store" to buy some Juve stuff.
In the evening, I went back to Milano and to the San Siro to watch the match between Inter and Sampdoria...

In the next day I went back to Torino, ready for the big match: Juventus against Milan!
I met my friends in the train station and on our way to their hotel, we saw a very special bus...

The team probably were hosting in the hotel untill the time to go to the stadium. We waited for them for about half an hour but we decided to go to the hotel. Never mind, we are allready Del Piero's friends...
We arrived to the hotel, got organized and went to the Delle Alpi for a speciale tour which is organized for fan clubs.
Here are few pictures from the tour...

The took us to the press room and to the VIP section and then - the big moment: we are going to the field. And there is no better way to do it but going through the players tunnel...

The players came to give autographs and take pictures with fans...

Me and Chiellini...

Me and Thuram...

The tour ended and we all went out. Now it's time to enter the stadium to watch the match.
That's me with the match ticket...

Now, some pictures from the match...

The match ended with a disappointing result but we didn't care. We had an incredible experience.
Shield Operation ends here. Day after, I flew to Bratislava, Slovakia to meet my preants and my sister which started their trip in Prague and countinued my trip with them to Bratislava, Vienna and again to Prague.

I want to thank to all of you who stayed with me lengthwise this thread and I hope to see you again in my next trip...

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
GREAT stuff Juventini!! Very very interesting read I must say! You seem to have had a wonderfull experience hanging out (;)) with Del Piero and all.

The swedish Juventus Club was at the same game, and I think I saw you in one or two of the pictures they had on their site. :)

·
Administrator
52,418 Posts
You dont post much Juventini, but man when you do, you really do it in style! :star: :cool: I would say congratulations, but these events seems to be a regular occurance for you :)

Mighty jealous of, awesome experience, despite the game.

And damn those white suites look great, were they for sale in Juve store?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Osman said:
You dont post much Juventini, but man when you do, you really do it in style! :star: :cool: I would say congratulations, but these events seems to be a regular occurance for you :)

Mighty jealous of, awesome experience, despite the game.

And damn those white suites look great, were they for sale in Juve store?
I really don't post here much but I always watch the forum.
I didn't see those white suites in Juve store but I'm sure they cost hundreds of euros like the rest of the stuff there...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
:jealouse: :can'tfindwords: :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts