Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday 12th April 2002

Andriy Shevchenko has called on his team-mates to take encouragement from their 3-1 win over Dortmund ahead of the game against AC Milan.

The Ukrainian striker returned to action on Thursday night - but was unable to prevent Dortmund from reaching the final with a 5-3 aggregate win.

And he said after the game: "I'm very tired and my whole body feels painful. But I'm happy to have made my comeback and I want to thank all my team-mates who helped me.

"I didn't want to be substituted but Ancelotti was right to take me off. I am not fully fit yet obviously but now we can be more confident against Milan.

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti added: "I am satisfied with my team and the way they reacted to last week's defeat. Now we have to be focused on the next games against Juventus and Roma.

"We can have a say in who win the title but we can decide our own destiny as well. We can still qualify for the Champions' League so we have to play the way we did here and not the way we played in Dortmund.

"We can't afford to make any mistakes," he added.

----------------

for u'll to play champions league next year its very important u'll win this match....and even for inter:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
juve have to win this one, it will be hard without nedved but if del piero picks up where he left in perugia it will be fine

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Perhaps Sheva should start from the bench and Pippo as lone striker...:rolleyes: Sheva isn´t fit- eveyone who saw the Dortmund match knows that! He was slow and lost nearly very fight for the ball. So IMO it would be better to give him time to recover!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts