Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani has claimed the club will never sell Andriy Shevchenko after the Ukrainian was linked with a move to Roma.

Shevchenko has failed to score for two months in Serie A, a barren spell unseen since his move from Dynamo Kyiv.

But Galliani said on Tuesday: "I can confirm that Shevchenko will not be sold. We have never discussed selling our champion with any club. It is not happening now and it never will."

The Rossoneri chief added that Shevchenko was still not 100 per cent fit and is still recovering from an earlier injury. "Shevchenko has some physical problems and is not at his best," he admitted.

"However, he is calm and I met him on Monday. We talked for a long time. I repeated to him that he is not for sale and that he will be our leader in 2002-03.

"He was pleased about this project and is happy Milan aren't selling him. It is more important that he recovers from his problems and can end the season in the best way possible."

Shevchenko was first linked with a move away from the San Siro last season after Milan tumbled out of the Champions' League at the second group stage.

Their Serie A challenge then faltered badly and Shevchenko grew disillusioned with the club. In March 2001 he hinted that he would be interested in moving to Real Madrid.

The forward subsequently signed a one-year contract extension in July 2001 committing him to Milan until 2006.

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
good. Despite the recent form Sheva is in he is still our champion and I am happy to see Unce fester's words.

But should we believe them ... well, we have arguements on both sides.

·
International
8,545 Posts
Those words don't mean a thing....nobody can guarantee something like that. If somebody makes the right offer, Sheva will be sold. Let's not kid ourselves, football is a business and if somebody offers for Sheva, more than GAlliani thinks Sheva is worth, he'll do it.

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Nothing is guaranteed in football. Should Shevchenko wish to leave and/or should another club might the right offer to Milan, Shevchenko will probably be sold.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
He looks kind of dead now, when will he score another goal
Form is temporary but Class is permanent;)

Shev needs only a goal to get going and once he finds his mark it wont take long to reach his deadliest best.NOBODY should doubt the class of this fantastic player.He'll be back soon,you can bet on it.;):)

·
International
8,545 Posts
Of course Sheva will regain his form and more importantly, he means a lot to the club.

Although he's finished the season in less than spectacular fashion, he's still one of the most wanted strikers in the world. For Milan to lose him would be damaging to the club IMO and although Galliani can't claim he's here for life, I hope that he will do whatever he can to hold on to Sheva as long as possible.

·
Registered
43,414 Posts
Sheva is the last one of all the players that are playing in the world today I would critisize. After all he has done for this crappy team the last two years, after all the class and talent he has shown this is simply out of my mind.

I hope this is true and Sheva and Pippo healty and in form will start the next season together in red and black ...

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing we can do is motivate and support Sheva. If we critisize him, is temptation for Real Madrid will be bigger, honestly any A.C. Milan supporters want to lose Sheva.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts