Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for sure I would love and support sheva to win a fifa award
since he is great player and did much for Milan to win scudetto
last season . if he got this award that would be annoused in Dec 20 I
would celebrate the eveing
here is the reportSource: Football Italia

Milan ace Andriy Shevchenko is on the three-man shortlist for the FIFA World Player of the Year award.

The Ukrainian striker has enjoyed a stunning 2004 and is now in contention with Ronaldino of Barcelona and Arsenal’s Thierry Henry for the honour.

Shevchenko has found the net with consistency for both club and country, ending the last campaign as the Serie A top scorer.

The winner will be announced on December 20 at FIFA’s World Player Gala at Zurich's Opera house.

In the past, national bosses voted for the winner but the sport’s world governing body have changed the system this year.

Male and female captains of every national team will be eligible to vote along with their tacticians, plus FIPRO – the global body for professional players.

Former Juve star Zinedine Zidane won the honour last year but this is the first time since 1999 that no Real Madrid players are included in the final three-man list.

Froza Sheva

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Congratulations, I do not agree with Henry, but I think that Ronaldinho should get it for his overall impact....Sheva tho is deserving and if he gets it then I will be happy as well

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hope Sheva will win!!!
I pray for that

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Dil dil said:
Male and female captains of every national team will be eligible to vote along with their tacticians, plus FIPRO – the global body for professional players.
I predict most voters from South America will vote for Ronnie, Eastern Europe for Sheva, Western Europe and French speaking African countries will vote for Henry. Whoever wins will depend on remaining votes coming from Asia, Concacaf & Oceania.

As much as I would like Sheva to win the award, I guess Henry will garner just enough votes to win. :doh:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
I predict Ronaldinho will win.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Platini snubs Golden Shev Tuesday 30 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juventus great Michel Platini claims that Andriy Shevchenko doesn’t deserve to win the Golden Ball.

The Milan ace is being widely tipped to be named as the European Footballer of the Year but Platini disagrees.

The Frenchman maintains that Deco’s achievements with Porto and Portugal in 2004 merit recognition.

"I would give it to the Barcelona player," stated the three times winner. "Especially when you consider what he has won.

"Winning trophies is the only valid criteria to really judge who deserves to net the award."

Deco won the Portuguese title and the European Cup before his big money move to Spain.

Meanwhile, Platini also commented on the fortunes of his former club Juventus. "They got their transfer campaign right," he stated.

"They also have a great Coach in Fabio Capello so they are favourites to win Lo Scudetto. The Milan clubs are playing well but Juve are too good."

Platini was then asked whether he could one-day return to Juventus to work as a club official.

"I don’t think it is possible to have two relationships with the same lover," he replied.

The legendary No 10 was also quizzed on comparisons between himself and Milan ace Kaka.

"We are two different players," he explained. "I was more of a playmaker, whereas Kaka can play at speed. I don’t think we are similar."

channel4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
I hope Sheva get's at least one of them as he so much deserves it.

·
Registered
43,403 Posts
My prediction is that Sheva will get Golden Ball and Ronaldinho the FIFA thingy. Still, Milan players, since MVB had had such a bad luck (or just bad vibes around) with teh individual honors, its hard to believe Sheva will get a single won.

I somehow, thou, agree with Platini. Deco is the one to get Golden Ball b/s of what Pltini said. But if this oen is between Sheva and Ronaldinho (and Henry), then Sheva all the way.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Sheva probably deserves an award for his overall achievment more than anyone else.he has been nothing short of phenomenal this season scoring 19 goals in 20 competitive games and helping a side like Ukraine to take a 5 point lead in their WC qualifying group.His class is unquestionable and attitude that of a legend!

If not the FIFA award then the Ballon D'Or for SuperSheva,undoubtedly the best forward in world football!:)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Lippi: Sheva has my vote Wednesday 1 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marcello Lippi reveals he has given his FIFA World Player of the Year vote to Andriy Shevchenko and reassures Antonio Cassano.

“The extraordinary consistency with which Shevchenko finds the net suggests he deserves to win it,” explained the Italy boss. “I have already voted in his favour. The only one who might be able to snatch it away is Deco because of the number of trophies he won in 2004.”

The Milan hitman is the hot favourite to take both the Balon d’Or and the FIFA Award this month and can now count on the support of Italy’s international Coach.

In an interview with RAI DUE programme ‘10 minuti’ Lippi also commented on the future of controversial figure Antonio Cassano.

“Cassano is a great champion who above all needs to find his consistency at club level. Once that is sorted out and he has relaxed into the role, he can be considered for the Azzurri.”

The Roma star could be called up for February’s international friendly in preparation for the World Cup qualifier in Scotland. His row with Gigi Del Neri saw him sidelined from both teams, but he made an impressive return to form with four assists in their 4-0 drubbing of Siena last week.

The lack of big star names in the 1-0 friendly win over Finland saw Messina’s Stadio San Filippo remain half-empty, but Lippi insists there is no lack of affection for the Azzurri.

“I want to see an Italy squad that is determined and brimming with enthusiasm. Despite what some may say, I have learned from my own experience in this job that players are passionate about representing their country and are only too happy to engage in international duty.”

channel4

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
It better be Sheva

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
I´ve seen recently that alot of ppl, both within the Milan camp and outsiders are making alot of noise about Sheva, something that we didn´t see when 2 years ago with Maldini.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Shev wins Golden Ball Friday 3 December, 2004

Milan’s Andriy Shevchenko will be named as the European Footballer of the Year, according to whispers in Italy.

Although no official announcement will be made until December 13, a number of media reports insist that the player will be handed the Golden Ball.

It has been alleged that Milan have already been informed of the result by ‘France Football’, the magazine who organise the award.

Shev is expected to be handed the trophy at the ‘Canal Plus’ studios in 10 days time after his victory is confirmed.

Other sources have even suggested that the Ukrainian has already taken part in the photo shoot and completed an interview for the French magazine.

It is also understood that Milan Vice-president Adriano Galliani met with colleagues on Thursday to organise a celebration for the striker.

Shevchenko will only be able to parade the Golden Ball in front of the San Siro faithful on January 6 when Lecce arrive.

That is because Milan are away on December 18 when they play Juventus, who ironically have the current holder of the accolade in the form of Pavel Nedved.

If the 28-year-old is confirmed as the winner, it will be the seventh time that a Milan star has been named as Europe’s best player.

His predecessors were: Gianni Rivera (1969), Ruud Gullit (1987), Marco Van Basten (1988/89/92) and George Weah (1995).

channel4

1 - 15 of 15 Posts