Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If ever we thought that he just bangs in the goals well lately there is no need for more convincing,Sheva's assist's for his fellow forwards have been outstanding.His overall play packs him into the complete package and a very unselfish player.The extra input from Sheva has accommodated our team exceptionally well.

·
Registered
869 Posts
he's the most complete striker in the world

left , right, headers, pace, vision, technique, and power..short or long range shoots, and poacher 's abilities..more: fair play and humble attitude, plus hardworking and a team leader

the perfect striker

·
Registered
472 Posts
I really don't know if Sheva is the best striker but he is the most complete of them all! He has become a team player which he never really was, at the beginning he scored lots but the whole game was focused on him, now it is a real team play and sometimes like yesterday he is the assist-man and not only the finisher.
He fits in perfectly in our way of playing and having a great striker like Crespo next to him can only improve his game!

·
Registered
43,410 Posts
thou I agree with all of you here, lets not get carried away with a game against a very poorly defensive side like Lecce. Even Zeman was unhappy of their D last night :D which is a shocker. Just an example is that Crespo basically scored all his 3 goals in an open net. he had to worked a bit for teh 2nd only. Same for JDT and actually for Sheva too somehow. I dont want to take anything away from Sheva and the guys, it was a great match to watch and enjoy as a Milan fan, but this aint happening game in and out.

·
Registered
472 Posts
you're right but in the last 2 games at home Milan scored 11 goals!! :strong:
If that doesn't mean sth well then..
If Lecce had played Juve for example I am sure they wouldn't have been crushed like that.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:

left , right, headers, pace, vision, technique, and power..short or long range shoots, and poacher 's abilities..more: fair play and humble attitude, plus hardworking and a team leader

the perfect striker
On this we agree 100%

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
GioCurvaSud said:

the perfect striker
I will slightly disagree with you there, he is no real leader because he doesn't have this...how can I say it...attitude? something like that, when you are the leader and you know you are the best...it is a bit like you behave in a selfish and bad manner, i.e. Totti has that, if you know what I mean.
Sheva doesn't have it and that's why he can't become the captain of this team. Gattuso for example is ok.

PS: Get ready Diavolo and Gio, I'm coming for Milan-ManUtd and probably will stay for 4-5 days in Milano. Here comes the crazy greek!

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
SteVen_7 said:
I will slightly disagree with you there, he is no real leader because he doesn't have this...how can I say it...attitude? something like that, when you are the leader and you know you are the best...it is a bit like you behave in a selfish and bad manner, i.e. Totti has that, if you know what I mean.
Sheva doesn't have it and that's why he can't become the captain of this team. Gattuso for example is ok.

PS: Get ready Diavolo and Gio, I'm coming for Milan-ManUtd and probably will stay for 4-5 days in Milano. Here comes the crazy greek!
I've already booked a charming Greek Restaurant ;)

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sheva will prove that even against the best he can provide for his fellow team mates,he's shown what an all round unselfish player he really is.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
To me Sheva is a leader and has shown it,A leader has to have composure,hunger,direction etch sheva has all of that and has been part of our club for some time now.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think he is the best going around. he has everything to his game, and he hasnt stopped banging goals since his Kiev days. i'd have him as my striker anyday of the week.

·
Registered
472 Posts
SteVen_7 said:
So what? Do you need aggressive player to be captain?? A leader is a person whom I can look up to in bad times and that's exactly what Sheva is, I can assure you he can also scream but he has this self-confidence who affects his team mates.
I don't think Gattuso would be a great captain. I know he has the attitude of a leader and he always gives 110% but I prefer more calm person like Maldini who is mainly calm but can also shout.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Sheva is a leader IMO.
He's very respected and he showed to be a team player, because he thinks to the goodness of the team first, as he showed last match. i would make him the captain too, because the captain must be a player who's respected by everyone for his attitude but for his class as well.. Sheva achieves this, even though Gattuso is a true leader, but not as respected for his game.

Btw whoever will inherite San Paolo's belt will have to bear the heaviest burden

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Sheva is great! Absolutely fantastic. Maybe the best striker in the world. But he's NOT, and I repeat, NOT the most allround. That is a tie between Ronaldinho and Henry.

Even you must acknowledge that.

·
Registered
869 Posts
VERDI said:
Sheva is great! Absolutely fantastic. Maybe the best striker in the world. But he's NOT, and I repeat, NOT the most allround. That is a tie between Ronaldinho and Henry.

I explain why i disagree:

Henry: is not even in the same league as sheva in HEADERS, and debatably not as good with his left foot

Ronaldinho: different role

·
Registered
472 Posts
Henry is better than Sheva in 2 things: creativity and free-kicks. Henry can even take free-kick with his left foot which is amazing I found. But Sheva is more a striker, he is a mixture between Henry and Van Nistelroy if I can say so. He is great in an outside the penalty area and that's why he is more complete than any other. Btw Roy Makaay is very complete too.
Ronadlinho is not a real striker so you can't compare both

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
I think Adriano deserves to be mentioned too btw. It's not his fault he plays in a crap team. :D

·
Registered
869 Posts
VERDI said:
I think Adriano deserves to be mentioned too btw. It's not his fault he plays in a crap team. :D
he's amazing, but if it comes on who's more complete Adriano can't even pass with his right foot, and his feeling with his mates isn't impressive..he does thins almost alone the most part of the time..surely can imrpove a lot though, but right now his right foot inability must be pointed out..you can't alway turn yourself and shoot with your fav foot..esp in Italy,where after one second defenders jump on you like --> :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
VERDI said:

If choking is a factor then I agree that Henry is the total package indeed. He has everything plus choking abilities. :choke:

Sheva is the most complete striker in the world. Ronaldinho the most complete playmaker/offensive midfielder in the world, Nesta/Puyol are the most complete central defenders in the world and Buffon is the most complete goalkeeper in the world today.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts