Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to www.forzasheva.com, here is the latest news about Sheva's injury & reflection.

[02/23] Shevchenko Reveals Eyesight Fear

Andriy Shevchenko feared he would lose his sight in one eye after fracturing his cheekbone in AC Milan’s Serie A victory over Cagliari at the weekend.

Shevchenko sustained the injury after a heavy challenge from Simone Loria and has been ruled out for three weeks.

It means the Ukrainian international, and current European player of the year, will miss the first leg of the Rossoneri’s Champions League clash with Manchester United.

It is a big blow for Shevchenko to have to sit out the encounter at Old Trafford – the ground at which his penalty shoot-out strike won the 2003 Champions League title for Milan – but he is simply relieved the injury was not more serious.

“I don’t think there has ever been a footballer that has suffered such a facial injury and I hope no one has to go through this,” he said.

“I can only see with one eye at the moment as the other side of my face is completely swollen.

“I know that had I taken the knock one centimetre higher, I would have collapsed and woken up 10 days later.

“The first thing I kept telling myself is that I must remain awake, I must remain awake.

“I wanted to continue to play because I didn’t know what the injury was, it was only until I saw my face that I understood the damage.

“My first thought was that I may not have been able to see my family again.”

Shevchenko, who underwent an operation to reconstruct part of his face on Monday, has been told he will be out for three weeks but he is determined to defy medical advice and face Sir Alex Ferguson’s in the return leg at the San Siro on March 8.

“I will do my best to recover as fast as possible,” said Shevchenko.

“I have suffered four or five fractured bones but this is much worse than anything I have experienced in the past.”

Shevchenko has forgiven Loria for the challenge which caused the injury but admitted such incidents are inevitable with so much aggressive behaviour prevalent in modern-day football.

“Loria sent me a message to know how I was and I replied saying that it was an accident and that I hold no anger,” said Shevchenko.

“These things happen but at the same time it shouldn’t.

“We should all calm down and not play such aggressive football.

“My reaction is not the result of the anger of someone who has suffered a serious injury and will miss fundamental games but a general reflection.

“Football is not a war, a game is not a battle, and more importantly, not every encounter is a World Cup final.

“I think we have to stop and consider this.”

(sportinglife)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Maybe he will recover for Roma vs Milan :hopefull:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Tell Gattuso that. He hacked our players all day in the midfield. And so did Pirlo. But that is Milan Diavolo. Even La7 pointed out in the limited language I understood how Milan got away with countless acts of murder on Sun. night.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Interesting point of view :thumbsup:

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Well as this thread is devoted to Sheva's injury........

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Diavolo said:
Well as this thread is devoted to Sheva's injury........

Well as you go off-topic on every thread posting your pics of the Curva and all...i figured i add in a word here and there

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Well as you go off-topic on every thread posting your pics of the Curva and all...i figured i add in a word here and there
Understood

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Thank you Presidente for ur understanding...now back to topic

Sheva should be fit enough to play Man Utd but I'm guessing he has to play with a mask...but he'll still do better than RVN who looks horrible

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Pulsar, no way Sheva will play against Man U. A broken cheekbone and a broken eye socket are extremely serious injuries. Maybe after Easter, and even then I'd rather he take the time to recover completely.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
When Sheva says he's gonna be back he's gonnna be back. Trust me :)

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Are you a milan fan Pulsar?
It seems you know sheva's mood well

I know, its kinda hard not to root for the good side of milano,
Respect! :star: :star: :star:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Sheva is Balon d' or winner and ppl like that don't let a simple blindness incident take them back from the biggest CL match this year in the San Siro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts