Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Italian media is reporting today that Andriy Shevchenko is back to AC Milan, after a meeting between Roman and Silvio the last friday. It will be a loan deal with permanent option. I would be very happy for him, so he can return to his old days, and then... we can sign another striker.

·
Registered
49 Posts
why another striker? I think scolari will stick with Drogba, Anelka and the young argentinian. He will then take #7 jersey and give it to Robinho.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
A possible deal sweetener for KaKa.

Anyway offloading an unproductive player is only good.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
why another striker? I think scolari will stick with Drogba, Anelka and the young argentinian. He will then take #7 jersey and give it to Robinho.
Drogba has a lot of injury problems. And we can't spend all the season with Anelka and Di Santo as strikers. I think we need another option. And the Robinho deal seems to be impossible...

·
Registered
446 Posts
Right, this does mean that we would need a another striker.

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Official: Sheva back to Milan.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, official. I'm very happy, specially for him. I would like to wish Sheva the best for the future. I hope he can return his best days with the rossoneri shirt and the world football can enjoy it. Good luck Andriy!

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
happy for him, looking forward to know how much $$ we got...

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Some classy farewells posted here:thumbsup:
Good move for both the player and for Chelsea, it never was a good fit unfortunately. All the best of luck this season :)

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
good luck Sheva...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Andriy Shevchenko has sent a message of thanks to the Chelsea supporters upon his arrival in Milan.

The Ukrainian striker has agreed a deal to move back to the San Siro after two difficult seasons in England and is set to undergo a medical on Monday.

Shevchenko is looking forward to playing for AC Milan again after enjoying a hugely successful seven-year spell with the club from 1999 to 2006.

But the 31-year-old has also spoken of his appreciation for the Chelsea fans, who supported him even though he only scored nine Premier League goals for the club.

"I'm so very happy to be here," Shevchenko told Milan's official website.

"At this very special moment for me, I really want to send a message to the Chelsea fans who in the past two years have always made me feel their support.

"A heartfelt thank you for that."

Milan vice president Adriano Galliani also expressed his delight at the move but insisted that his return was not solely due to club owner Silvio Berlusconi's close relationship with the player.

"This is a family and we're all happy," he told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"It's not true that only Silvio Berlusconi insisted that Andriy return. I've put my weight behind the cause too and I'm happy that in the end we've succeeded in bringing him home."

---------------------

:heart: Good luck Andriy!

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Dumb signing, kind of like Ibrahim Ba.
Regardless of how poor he might be, I can assure you he is nothing like Ba. Ba failed to make the first team at Djurgarden in Sweden.

As a backup striker, presumably gotten on the cheap, Sheva is a fair buy for Milan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.