Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shev sale could be for Real Tuesday 21 May, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andriy Shevchenko’s agent believes that a move to Real Madrid is not out of the question despite Milan’s claims that he is not for sale.

The Ukrainian striker is being linked with a move to the European champions and agent Oscar Damiani has told a Spanish newspaper that a deal could be done.

"I’ve read the interest in Shevchenko from Real but no one from the club has contacted me or the player," he told ‘Marca.’

"I think that the transfer would be difficult but not totally out of the question because nothing is impossible in the transfer market. Just look at what happened with Zinedine Zidane last summer.

"Even Juventus didn’t want to release him, much like Milan and Shevchenko, but like I said anything can happen in this world."

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has maintained that the former Kiev forward would not leave the club, repeating that statement last night after Shev was linked with an unlikely move to Inter.

"Milan see Shevchenko as one of the focal points of their future and that is why it will be difficult to see Shev wearing a different shirt. Then Andriy is happy in Milan and wants to improve on his past couple of seasons," Damiani added.

"But it is also obvious that he would be happy to play for Real Madrid because I believe that there isn’t a player in the world who could resist a move to this great club."

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Speedy said:
Andriy Shevchenko’s agent believes that a move to Real Madrid is not out of the question despite Milan’s claims that he is not for sale.

The Ukrainian striker is being linked with a move to the European champions and agent Oscar Damiani has told a Spanish newspaper that a deal could be done.
Isn't boris Becker his agent? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Yeah, Jkris, last I knew it was Becker...and why this thing with RM is news is beyond me...we've known all season they've been after him. How many times does Galliani have to say not for sale, not for sale, not for sale, not for...you get the idea....

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
Can't we install some kind of subroutine that instantly deletes all Sheva rumours? there are still some fnas that get upset and think it is true. I doubt Real Madrid have made any new offer, if Galliani had said that he is not to sale then they accpet that. It is more or less the Spanish press who wants him...

·
Registered
775 Posts
NO!
SHEVA PLZ STAY PLZ

·
Registered
264 Posts
Galliani:Shevchenko will start the 2002-2003 season with us,he wont let him go,he want to keep him,beacuse even if he had a bad season Milan Fans like him....

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Tutto cazzatte!:groan::dontcare::eek:
No matter how powerful is Perez, he can't touch Berlusconi!:stuckup: In fact no football club president can!:proud::star::stuckup:

Sheva is Milan!
Milan is Sheva!
Sheva is our future!

SHEVA ROSSONERO PER SEMPRE!:star::star:

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
Berlusconi is way more powerful than Perez. Perez only 'seems' powerful because he had a one off payment from the sale of Real Madrid's trainin ground. Once that money goes and he doesn't have anything left, he will be like any other president.

Except Berlusconi.

With his 579 companies that make millions, probably billions of $ a year and the fact that he is Italian Prime-Minister and has contacts with many other clubs, he will always be powerful.

FORZA BERLUSCONI!

;) :D :howler: :greed:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Rivaldo0203 said:
Galliani:Shevchenko will start the 2002-2003 season with us,he wont let him go,he want to keep him,beacuse even if he had a bad season Milan Fans like him....
this is to put lightly. Infact Milan fans love him:) He is one of the Idols of milan (after Maldini):)

Ciao

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
One article says that Shevchenko is on his way to Real Madrid, another says that AC Milan claim he is not for sale. One article says that Shevchenko wants to leave the club, another says that he is perfectly happy there. One article says that Perez wants Shevchenko, another says that Perez does not want Shevchenko. One article says...

Do I need to go on?

It is only the rumor mill gathering speed. Nothing is impossible, but the only way to be certain that Shevchenko is going to Real Madrid is to see him be presented in a white jersey at the Santiago Bernabeu. Otherwise this is and will always be just a rumor fabricated by the press.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Shevchenko Would Only Leave Milan For Foreign Country
News Archive

Sheva is happy at San Siro (Allsport)
05/23/2002. Andriy Shevchenko has dismissed talk that he could join Inter in a swap-deal with Christian Vieri, and says he'd only leave Milan for a foreign country.

Speaking of the speculation linking him with the Nerazzurri, he said: "I have not read the newspapers, but it seems absurd.

"With all due respect to Inter, I could never betray Milan. With Milan I have matured after three seasons here.

"If I had to leave it would only be for a foreign country, never another Italian team. I want to win with Milan."

soccerage

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Ooh, the suspense! :D

At least it was nice of him to say that AC Milan is the only Italian club for him. :)

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
"Wishin' and hopin' and prayin' and dreamin'..."

Anything COULD happen, but the odds that Sheva is going anywhere are pretty slim. You cannot just sell him for cash, because cash doesn't do anything exept lie there on the table. People are somewhat less excited about financial solvency than about wins in the derby. They would have to replace Sheva with something as good or better. Whom would be get to replace him? Real is not selling Raul (unless Perez has the desire to stop living) and Morientes, while talented, is injured a bit too much. Crespo? Just don't see it. Anelka? Allow me to pull over and puke out the side of the car (he seems to be moving slowly down the soccer food chain year by year--wazzit now? Man City? Well, Noel Gallagher'll love him, if nobody else will!). Niculae? He is a year away at least. Torres? Two years away. Vieri? Is Inter going to sell him? Not likely, but you never know with them. To us? Probably not in a million years. Trezuguet ain't going nowhere. Henry likes it in England... So you see, the list is long, but the actual possibility of any of these guys coming here are rare. Galliani and the Berluscas, pere and fils, ain't stupid. Well, I don't think they are stupid, anyway. They keep on saying it, "Sheva is not for sale." I tend to take them at their word. So Real can dream all they want about getting him (and I think they should be seeing defenders when they sleep and not a striker). Dreaming is free and hurts no one. I could hope for a private, command performance from Sheva (and, beleive me, I do in idle moments), but it ain't gonna happen. Same goes for Real. Rumours are annoying that way...

RIO

PS. If he does get sold, forget I said any of this :lala:.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Milan won't be the loser in this situation.

We either get to keep Shevchenko or get a ridiculous sum of money to be able to fund the purchase of the likes of Nesta and Montella... win-win situation for Milan ;)

·
Registered
265 Posts
The latest news indicate that if Sheva leaves Milan we will buy Crespo because Ancelotti already asked for Crespo to be Sheva's replacement in case Sheva leaves to Real Madrid.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Barcelona keen on Shevchenko

MILAN, May 24 (DS) - The future of Milan Ukrainian international striker Andriy Shevchenko turned into the talk of the town in the Apennines. It's but natural that Real Madrid, following the transfer policy of their president Florentino Perez, is keen to sign another European football star. That's why the Royal club await the transfer window to put an end to this prolonged case. Meanwhile the Milan side management have reported unwilling to conduct any negotiations over the transfer of the Ukrainian star.
However another team have joined in the chase of the Ukrainian striker; Real Madrid's archrival Barcelona are reportedly interested in the prolific striker, the Spanish daily Marca reported.
Catalan side management offered the Milan side a swap deal that will see Brazil midfielder Rivaldo move in the opposite direction.
Shevchenko's agent Oscar Damiani stated Milan do not have any plans concerning the Ukrainian striker in an interview with Marca: "Shevchenko is Milan's player and his contract will expire in 4 years."
As for the player himself, he pledged commitment to the Italian side claiming he would never leave Milan to join any other Italian side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts