Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sheikh in United takeover link

Manchester United, Monday April 25 2005

The Manchester United takeover saga has taken another twist with rumours that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum is preparing a £900million bid for the club.

Reports suggest Malcolm Glazer would consider selling his stake in the club should Sheikh Mohammed, who was linked with a bid for the Old Trafford outfit back in 2003, table the reported bid.

A source close to Glazer told The Guardian: "From the perspective of the Manchester United board, if someone is putting together an offer, they would be obliged to consider it.

"If someone offered a higher price, the board would have to consider it and perhaps recommend it. Glazer would have to trump it or accept it, make a profit and disappear. Our other option would be to sit tight and block it because we have a big stake."

United have spent the last year trying to fend off Glazer, who has since put an £800m bid on the table.

However, early indications are that Shareholders United would prefer Sheikh Mohammed to Glazer if they had to chose between the club's two suitors.

Vice-chair Oliver Houston is quoted as saying: "We don't think it would be healthy to have any single owner.

"But from what we hear about Sheikh Mohammed, he would be the gentleman to Glazer's scoundrel."

Source

·
Mesopotamian
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He is a President of one of the 7 Emirates in the United Arab Emirates
He is Defense Minister

His wife (I forgot her name) shes King Hussain Abdulla (king of Jordon) Sister
He is a very very rich man

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
i would love to see him get in the way of glazer.. GO SHEIKH!

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
This could be a bit riskey, the Middle East is quite unstable, what if somehting happens in the UAE and he gets ousted from power or assisnated etc. Man Utd would be right up shit creek.

·
Registered
580 Posts
"sold your arse to a sheikh
you sold your arse to a sheikh
arse to a sheiiiiikkhhh
you sold your arse to a sheikh"

sorry but i don't like it

·
Registered
484 Posts
errr.
this news is very very old. Officials from Dubai have denied it as well. But please no one taking over will be a good thing, no matter how rich.
www.shareholdersunited.org

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
As long as he really cares about football and not only about money.... better than Glazer I´d say.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
whats wrong with being rich yaf??

anyhoo, the UAE is probably the only stable region of the middle east

·
Registered
580 Posts
I am delighted with our current position as consistent challenges for the EPL. I would not be delighted if it came down to Chelsea and us every year based on who spends more. This club has a spirit that money and players can't bring

·
Registered
484 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
As long as he really cares about football and not only about money.... better than Glazer I´d say.
but not better then keeping the club independant!

www.shareholdersunited.org

For those of you who have not, you'll have no right to moan once the supporters have no voice at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well I would hate to see United being owned by an UAE sheikh.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well you don't support United, and believe me if you did you would hate that your team is being owned by someone from the gulf.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
FiveMagics said:
This could be a bit riskey, the Middle East is quite unstable, what if somehting happens in the UAE and he gets ousted from power or assisnated etc. Man Utd would be right up shit creek.

without a paddle

but UAE is safe

1 - 20 of 38 Posts