Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is the better forward for NT and club? I'm having an argument with people over in the Man Utd board. Let me know what you think.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Shearer? Who?

Ohhhh that guy who seems to always score through headers...:D

Vieri is better..ofcourse...those english supporters don't know anything.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
shearer??
u r talking about 5 years ago or now? :D:howler:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Overall...I mean disregarding reputation and affabilitly, who will be remembered down the line as a better and more dangerous forward?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
Overall...I mean disregarding reputation and affabilitly, who will be remembered down the line as a better and more dangerous forward?
Shearer only in England...Vieri the world over.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Undoubtedly, the answer would have to be Bobo. Perhaps I am a little biased as he is a black and blue boy but despite all the dfifficulties and criticism that Vieri has taken from Inter supporters and those of the Italian national team, he has still battled on whereas Shearer hungup his international boots so he could get a couple of more million out of Newcastle before he retires.

I have often had this argument with English supporters and the fact remains that Vieri is the greater striker. Perhaps they will get to meet in the UEFA Cup if we beat the French tomorrow evening.

FORZA BOBO!
FORZA INTER!

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Pulsar, this is fricken lame. How do you intend to put bias aside asking Inter Fans who they think is better? Of course they're gonna say Vieri.

Anyways, I'm impartial but Shearer is and always has been better for club and country than Vieri has been.

Nonetheless, Sheva is better than both at the moment. :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Flo said:
Pulsar, this is fricken lame. How do you intend to put bias aside asking Inter Fans who they think is better? Of course they're gonna say Vieri.
Agreed, but this is not the first time Pulsar has amazed me. ;)

Shearer isn't just good with his head! :cool: He is superb in the air no doubt, but he is also good at holding the ball, packs a powerful and lethal shot and is strong as a bull, not many defenders can out-muscle him.
Originally posted by Senna01
whereas Shearer hungup his international boots so he could get a couple of more million out of Newcastle before he retires.
This is a very cynical view ;). It doesn't take a genius to see that Shearer loves the barcodes, he's born a Geordie and bleeds black and white.

In Euro 2000 he was part of a very poor England squad (couldn't even pass the salt at the dining table :D) which crashed out after the first rounds, but it was a collective failure of players and Keegan's own tactical shortcomings.

Who is better - Vieri or Shearer? I don't watch enough Serie A, so I can't judge. :)

·
Registered
14,658 Posts
Alive&Kicking said:
Agreed, but this is not the first time Pulsar has amazed me. ;)

Shearer isn't just good with his head! :cool: He is superb in the air no doubt, but he is also good at holding the ball, packs a powerful and lethal shot and is strong as a bull, not many defenders can out-muscle him. This is a very cynical view ;). It doesn't take a genius to see that Shearer loves the barcodes, he's born a Geordie and bleeds black and white.

In Euro 2000 he was part of a very poor England squad (couldn't even pass the salt at the dining table :D) which crashed out after the first rounds, but it was a collective failure of players and Keegan's own tactical shortcomings.

Who is better - Vieri or Shearer? I don't watch enough Serie A, so I can't judge. :)
Wow! A woman after my own heart. :cool:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Why the **** does everyone have to keep questioning everything I do????????

How did I offend anyone at all by starting this thread? I was in Man Utd forum where mostly EPL people come and they all said Shearer so I wanted to see the other side at Inter, where many Italian fans in general roam. That way, if they all said Vieri, it woudl be atie. If Shearer, then Shearer would be better. For all you Italian fans, refer to the end of the thread in Man Utd forum called Ever hear of a defense?

I can't believe it. I never see anyone here question others and attack them as much as the abuse I've been getting here. I don't try to attack anyone b/c Jack will kick me out. I'm under strict rules here that others are not subject to b/c of my History at IF. One thing I do wrong, and I will be out. And that's why I try to discuss the issues, and not people. And yet I've been called lame, unfair, a pest, and a host of other things. Please, people, forget about me...Just discuss whether Vieri or Shearer are better....

Personally, I want to say Vieri, but Shearer is class act as well. And I have to say that its a tie. However, I would take Vieri when the defenders are physical, as in EPL, and Shearer with faster and less bulky defenders. I would actually venture to say that Vieri would be a perfect fit for the EPL and Shearer for the Italian Serie A. Anyone want to back me up or put up an opposing viewpoint to that?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
My word Pulsar you need to calm down my boy. :cool:

This is the Internet, don't take everything so friggin seriously.

You offended nobody by starting this thread, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what most of the responses here will be - just like the EPL posters said Shearer is better.

Abuse?? I'm not sure if you're referring to the United forum. I don't give a toss about your behaviour elsewhere, but you blazed into the United forum with a thread mocking the club, called the NT a "piece of shit" and hurled insults in the thread. If you want to dish it out then don't come acting like a saint when you are slagged please.

Later you apologised for your behaviour, and as far as I know nobody attacked you after that. And I don't even know what IF is.

That's all, you can carry on with your little canvassing.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I actually came into your thread with a joke about your defense...and I was going to start talking about who you guys can get to replace your defenders...but before I could do that, and expecting a fair response, i got all these insults about inter and then I lost it....

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, shearer has scored a lot in england. he has been a great over the past decade in england.

vieri has also been great in italy and in spain that one season. lets not forget scoring ratio for italy in major tournaments.

i think vieri is the better striker overall, but they do differ as players.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Pulsar just Chill, it was innapropiate by that guy to question your motives, but what can we do? They come here and hide behind their nice words none the less their intentions are simply evil.

IF a Inter fan wants to feel proud of Vieri in his own forum it´s no other dude bussiness to question that. Did pulsar go to the football debate forum to ask this? No so let us Inter fans decide this. Dont start pointing out our bias please!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Pulsar36 said:
I actually came into your thread with a joke about your defense...and I was going to start talking about who you guys can get to replace your defenders...but before I could do that, and expecting a fair response, i got all these insults about inter and then I lost it....
You expect a "fair response" after you ridiculed the club?? ;)

Certain posters may be more confrontational and aggressive, but that's the style of the banter over there - you have to appreciate the sarcasm to see the humour. After all we've all grown very thick skins after Doc comes in and calls us gloryhunting sofadwellers week in week out ;), now we just regard his wind-up attempts quite like a man ignores his nagging wife :D. And he is capable of writing good sensible stuff when he isn't busy cramming the words "Manure", "Slur Alice", "prawn sandwich munchers", etc into his posts. ;)

You claim your thread was meant as a joke - how are posters supposed to know that when they don't know your posting style? But once people are more familiar with you they'll know when to discern whether you're joking or not. Take Jernie Lizardhous, he comes in and makes jibes about United all the time, but we still love him. ;)

If you are only interested in slagging off the club, talking about Keano being killed, insulting their monarchy and national team then it's not the place for you. But if you're genuinely interested to discuss stuff about United and are prepared to get your views across rationally then you're always welcome to post in the United forum. :)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Vieri has shown that he can adapt to Spanish football, a different culture and way of life and yet still be successful. That is something Shearer never attempted.

Not many English players like to leave their homeland and seeing how only a small number have succeeded in Italy (Ince at Inter and possibly David Platt at Samp) it does not really come as a surprise how English players have a tendency to stay in England.

The only Englishman that I can presently think of in Italian football is Perugia's Jay Bothoryd (spelling). No wonder their national team struggles.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts