Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alan Shearer told Sky Sports he was waiting for the results of a scan on his injured
knee before the England squad flew out from Heathrow this afternoon for Euro 2000.

But the England skipper, who took a knock on his knee during Saturday's 2-1 friendly
victory over Malta in Valletta, is confident he will be available for selection for
England's opener against Portugal in Eindhoven on Monday.

Shearer told Sky Sports.com: "I had a scan this morning just as a precaution to see
if there's anything in there.

"We'll wait for the results and take it from there. I don't think it will be a problem."

England coach Kevin Keegan said: "I'm not worried about Alan. I think he will be fine. He's confident and we're
confident.

"The scans are the same thing with every player. Eight players have had scans this week. The technology is
there and we use it. But I think he will be fine. We will know in the next day or two," he added.

So far, Keegan has been lucky with injuries and the only concerns in his 22-man squad are Shearer and full-back
Gary Neville, who also missed training on Wednesday.

England are due to fly to Belgium later on Thursday afternoon to continue their preparations.

A specially chartered British Airways Boeing 757 will fly the 22-man squad plus Football Association officials to
Belgium.

D

·
0 Posts
Shearer has been given until midday Sunday to prove his fitness or else Keegan will not consider him for selection.
A brief while ago I read that Shearer is back into full training again, so there's a big possibility he will play.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts