Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think you'll find it's the media overeacting as usual.
Although,if they lose the next three,then i think he will be gone.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Wazup here? Do not get it seems like they wanna kill each other or sommin. I just hope we get outa this slump i am gettin very sad about these results, Where is that great newcastle of 95 huh? WHERE??????!!!!!!!!!!! We need more team spirit

------------------
[email protected] [email protected]

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
I hope not Gullit has to know more about football than Alex Ferguson did when he took over look at what Alex has done over there now that they endured a couple trophy less years and now Alex is a demi god in ENgland, I think Gullit is the man.

------------------

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's true that Gullit knows a lot about football.He is one of the greatest players i have ever seen.
But being a great player doesn't always make you a great manager.
I think the trouble lies with the fact that he found the game so easy,and he expects his players to be able to do the same.Teaching players is an art in itself.
Most good managers at any level,create their team to play to their potential,by doing things that they are good at.
It would be no good for Wimbledon to try and play like man u and Arsenal,as they would lose the ball in dangerous areas.They play it long into channels and then press up tight on the opposition.That's what playing to your strength is all about.
Gullit expects great passing football,as it's the only way he knows,but the trouble is that most of his players,are not good enough to do it.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
At Chelsea Gullit showed he's a great manager also. He made Chelsea the big club it is now. Vialli just took over.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
I agree Gullit is a great coach and will eventually get it right but one can also argue that while he was at CHelseas he had lots of better players didn't he

------------------

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
The best team at the moment, when we just select on the skills of the individual players, is Inter. Inter didn't play that well. And that's the result of a bad coach. Sure, Gullit had better players, but better players don't make a better team, the coach does. In the Dutch league we had a great example last season. Willem II had quality for being 5th or 6th. But because of a great coach, they became 2nd, and are playing Champions League this year.

[This message has been edited by A Dutch FCB Fan (edited 23 August 1999).]

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
What were these blokes thinking at the time:D!

This is a classic thread of 99!believe that!

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Hahaha :)

Ah dear ;)

Classic thread, being new to this forum I'm glad you bought this gem to my attention Dan :)

"Gullit is a great manager" - I don't think Gullit could manage a Caravan Park these days :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
It's Funny people's point of view back in 99 i guess it did seem Gullit was great but honestle after 3 years gone you realise he was the sh!ttest you can get:(.

He wont eva get a jon again:).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts