Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's how Scimeca must be pronounced (more or less).
What do you think about Riccardo? I am a Forest fan (I don't get enough hurts from Lazio...) and I would like to know how you Villa fans rate him.

Natalya, are you still a Lazio fan?

C'mon Tricky Trees

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hey Aquila, yep without a doubt I am still a Lazio fan...just haven't had time to wade through the rubbish to the good posts in the forum recently!

As for Riccy Scimeca, I liked him at Villa, I was the only person who did! I think he is a good defender, did a good job for us when he was needed. I think Forest should have a good player in him...but I hear that he only makes the bench!

So you are a forest fan...what do you think of the old Villa legend David Platt???

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Natalya, David Platt is kind of an umbrella shopkeeper in the desert, all he can do is to look at the sky and pray. The players at Forest aren't so good, apart from Scimeca, Bart-Williams, Hjelde and Stern John.

I know Forest feature three Italians, but to be honest, only Petrachi looks good. Mannini is too old (37 or 38) and Matrecano gets injured too often.

Also Platt's team play sort of Italian style passing game, and I don't know if it's the fittest style to beat the long-ball boys of the English First Division.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Yeah, I'm not too convinced with Platt either...but lets hope he gets better...then he can come back to the Villa and restore us to our glory days! :)
Of course after he's got Forest promoted and won 1 cup with them!

I think that Forest need to play gritty football...that is what Division 1 requires! Time to play the pretty stuff when you are established in the EPL

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Natalya, if Villa wait for Platt winning a cup with Forest to appoint him as Villans' manager, I think they will have to wait for a hell of a time...

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
:) Well that is the plan on his current form at the moment...a cup with forest would be the definitive test! Could be like a Martin O'Neill story....but probably not!!

By the way...why Forest?? Don't you live in Roma?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I don't live in Rome.

As for Forest, the first English League match I have ever seen was Forest v Liverpool, played on the New Year's Day, I think it was 1992 or '93. Liverpool were winning 2-0 at half-time, but Forest hit back well to draw 2-2 with a couple of goals from Neil Webb, if I remember well.

I could have been a Liverpool fan, it's been Forest instead...

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I guess that is unlucky for you that you drew the short straw and choise Forest! Seriously I think that it is great to see people supporting the so called lesser teams...instead of always being Liverpool, Man Scum or Arsenal fans!!

Where do you live then??

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I used to live in Rome as a student.
Now I live at Corigliano, south of Italy. For those few people all over the world who don't know this town, here are a few news about it:
Distance from Med Sea: 3 kms;
Distance from the City Ground: much too far!;
Average temperatures: January 7°C, August 24°C;
Temperature right now: 14°C;
Weather right now: sun is shining in a glorious blue sky;
Film on the screen at local cinema next week-end: American Beauty;
Nearest cities with Serie A teams: Bari and Lecce (and next Sunday there's Lecce v Lazio!).

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Recomendations from an outsider to a Corigliano citizen:

a) go see American Beauty,you will love it! (unless you are american) :)

b) DO NOT go to Lecce-Lazio because you will be dissapointed,Lazio isnt going to win...

c) goi often to stadio San Nicola at Bari,great team which plays nice football :)

(hey Talya,check my topic about "fans in Xtratime" in the Seria A board,I have written something about you... :) (I'm toooooo bad)

------------------
MARCIO AMOROSO!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hey, sounds like you live in a beautiful area Aquila...me I have to put up with the pollution of London...an all the Man Scum fans we have living here!!!

As for you Amo, you evil satanic being from hell...ha ha ha! Nah, summed up my life really!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aye, Natalya, you are right. It's a beautiful area, but sometimes nostalgia gets me and I start recalling my good old days in Rome as a student (1993-'97). Ahhhhhhhhhhh! (a sigh of nostalgia).

Amo, about your recommendations:

a) seems reasonable (perhaps it doesn't come from you!), I'm going to the cinema tonight.

b) no way! Tomorrow I will be at the Via del Mare stadium.

c) I have already made it to the San Nicola to see Bari-Lazio 1-3 (last season) and Bari-Lazio 0-0 (this season) and I did see a "great team which plays nice football", that's Lazio! (God forgive me, I started looking like a Man Utd fan).

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
What do you mean "perhaps it doesnt come from you"???? :(

I'll tell you one thing,American Beauty is great! the direction by Mendez is fantastic.As for the plot,you just dont know what will happen next...it takes the "perfect" american family and KAAAABOOOOOM! demolishes it...

Lecce-Lazio 1-1

------------------
MARCIO AMOROSO!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
American Beauty is a great film...what did you think Aquila??

Me, I really want to go and see Three Kings now...any reviews Amo??

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Amo, échis àdhiko! American Beauty ìne to kalòs film.

Natalya, it's really a great film destroying the American family. But with a wife like that even a saint (if he was married) should lose his patience, and evry family would have the KABOOM! The blond girl is pretty nice, isn't she?

GRANDE VERON!
GRANDE NEDVED!
LECCE - LAZIO 0-1

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Hmmm...yep the blonde girl was ok...not that I really look at girls of course!! :)
I enjoyed the film too!!

Great result for Lazio today!!!

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, I know you look at a certain player only, Lazio no. 13!

Translation from Greek:
Amo, you are right! American Beauty is a good film.
I hope my broken Greek is correct.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Nice try aquila,but we dont use this letter in greek.

You ment to write:

Amo åé÷åò äéêéï,ôï American beaty åéíáé åíá ðïëõ ùñáéï film.

This sounds like "Amo ihes dikio,to american beauty ine ena poli oreo film"

Just use latin letters.... ;)

The blonde girl was fantastix! but the brunneter had better breasts.Unfortunately,I couldnt really comment on thme at time because I watched the film with my girlfirend (girls are SO anooying sometimes) anyway,my girlfrined has nice breasts as well so I dont mind :) (Yeah,I know I should be asshamed :))

My next film will be "fight Club" with Edward Norton,Helena Bonam Carter and Brad Piete,directed by David Fincher.Have you seen it guys? (girls actually :)) aquila you're female,right?

A recomendation would be appreciated...

------------------
MARCIO AMOROSO!

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
Well I don't only look at Alessandro Nesta!!! lol :)

I'm going to leave the breast discussion to you guys!!!

Impressive Aquila that you tried Greek...you also speak French and English as well as your first Language Italian yes???!!!!

As for Fight Club not seen it yet...missed it at the cinema...Brad Pitt is fit as well! :)

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Amo, I am a guy!
As for the recommendation, Helena Bonham Carter is nice but nothing special. The best films for seeing pretty nice girls are the 007 James Bond's ones, they are always crowded with beautiful women. A pretty nice girl is the French actress in the film "The Beach", I don't remember her name. Also some Baywatch girls and Kate Winslett have nice breasts (natural?), as well as the Italian actress Maria Grazia Cucinotta, do you know her?

Well, this topic has taken a very dangerous road, and Natalya (the moderator) or Jan (the webmaster) could reasonably close it… before we go too far!

Natalya, the southern Italian dialects have got a lot of words coming from the (Old) French and the (Old) Greek because of their dominations over here. So it's not all that difficult to speak French, but admittingly my Greek sucks really a lot (La Gazzetta dello Sport would rate it 3 out of 10).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.