Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all,

This player is going to go far . The main thing I like about this guy is that he doesn't cross in high balls he plays it low and accurate.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Please God tell me why this guy isn't playing for England. In my opinion he is one of the best English players around, twice as talented as Wayne Rooney. He could take on anyone, put in a decent cross AND has a pinpoint pass; has mastered the one-two and also has a sweet shot when he's in the position. Manchester City best hold on to this guy.

England are the ones missing out here.

Code:
                 James
       Terry   Ferdinand   Campbell
   W-Phillips                   Bridge
      Beckham   Gerrard    Scholes
           Owen       XXXXXXX
:cool:

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
I completely agree. He should be in the England TEAM. He is the only one who is not afraid of taking somebody on, as he he demonstrated against our country's supposed best left back. He can still improve his crossing but he is still a great player. He is only 22 so there is plenty of time for him to get better and is our best player bar none, including Nicolas Anelka. When he gets the ball there is expectation, not so with Anelka. He can score AND defend. He was at right back against Bolton and kept them out fairly well, and kept out Newcastle at the age of 20 when he was at right back in 2002. He is a great asset and I pray we keep him. I bet we will as he is city through and through. Stupid Platt left him out of the England U-21s in the last match possible for him before he turned 21 and chose Glen Johnson on the right of midfield oddly. Says a lot about Platt as a manager. He was also the one who released SWP from Notts Forest at 16.

He is our wonderkid and has a bright future, just won't ever get a game at England what with Beckham being immovable and Sven only playing 4-4-2. Why not play him at right back eh? Anything is better than Gary Neville.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
I completely agree, but for playing him at right back. His attacking skills would be wasted there. Platt shouldn't need to waste his time with Wright-Phillips, we all know he is way too good for the U-21s. This guy will be in the world 11 very very soon. How he isn't picked for England is beyond me. At first I thought he was Carribean, but then I found out he is Ian Wright's son, and I asked myself why the **** is this guy not playing internationals. If Wayne Rooney is an England regular Wright-Phillips should be aswell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts