Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
17th of January is set to be the day of possibly crucial Lazio shareholders meeting. The San Marino group is expected to make a move towards buying the club or if that doesn't happen a capital increase is likely to happen. If neither happens we are in big trouble...:mad:
Let's hope everything will be OK. NON MOLLARE MAI!

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Lazio copy Man U model

Lazio must increase their capital in tomorrow’s crucial meeting and are following Manchester United’s example with minor investors.

The Roman outfit has been struggling with financial problems for a couple of years now and could be forced to sell top stars if fresh funds of £82m are not found by Saturday afternoon.

In June the situation was salvaged by bringing in 70,000 fans and local businessmen who each bought out a small number of shares in the club.

These many and varied investors have now banded together under the title APA with the ultimate aim of getting a representative on to the Board of Directors, a method already used at Real Madrid and Barcelona.

“80 per cent of Lazio’s capital is in the hands of small investors,” announced President of the APA Antonino Sammartano.

“We are the real strength of this side, because the era of moguls running entire football clubs is now over.”

“We believe that Capitalia won’t provide the funds for Saturday’s meeting, so everyone must band together and one day we will all become majority shareholders, like at Manchester United and Real Madrid.”

This influx of individual investors was made possible after former President Sergio Cragnotti stepped down and took majority shareholders Cirio with him.

Saturday’s meeting will decide the immediate future of SS Lazio, as failure to increase the capital would see them forced to sell players.

One intriguing proposal has come from Cesar, as the Brazilian winger has agreed to add £450,000 of his own money.

“We are relatively optimistic,” noted Coach Roberto Mancini as his men set off for Modena. “I hope everything goes well.”

For several weeks there have been reports of negotiations with a group of businessmen from San Marino, but so far no developments have been noted.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First reports are that the capital increase has been approved by all the main shareholders. That's very good.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lazio stave off bankruptcy
Saturday 17 January, 2004

President Ugo Longo announced he was “moved and touched” by the effort put in by fans and local businessmen to save Lazio from bankruptcy this afternoon.

“We have already reached the quorum set out to increase the capital,” revealed the patron in a speech to 300 fans waiting outside the Warner Village complex.

“There are many of us here today and we are all united. It really is a moving experience and this is a decisive moment in the history of the club.”

The Biancocelesti have been struggling with financial problems for over two years now and there was the very real risk they would go under.

£82m is needed to increase the capital and therefore avoid having to sell their top stars during the January transfer window, but the shareholders now have 60 days to come up with the money.

SS Lazio are following the path set out by Manchester United and Real Madrid by selling a large portion of the club shares to 70,000 small investors.

“As a sign of our love and affection for this club,” continued President Longo, “all the directors and Coach Roberto Mancini will give their contribution to increasing the capital.”

So far only one player has added his name to the list, as Brazilian winger Cesar handed over £750,000 of his own money to the cause.

“For the future,” added Longo, “it is clear that this side needs a majority shareholder who can be a strong influence. Right now there are no buyers on the horizon, but we do need a leader.”

The collapse of former President Sergio Cragnotti’s company Cirio took away their main source of funding and Lazio remain heavily in debt.

Channel 4

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
WOOOOOOW 1.3m needs to be raised per day to get that capital...:eek:

Time for the rich Lazio fans to come out of the woodwork and throw in some money.

Why don't some of you Lazio fans get in contact and throw in what you can...every little helps. :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The shareholders during today's meeting in Rome at "The Village" decided to raise Lazio's capital share to 120 million Euro that will cover the debt that the club had on the 30th of September.
The chairman Ugo Longo announced at 2:30 pm that 257 shareholders took part in the meeting and 830 appointed a member of the staff to decide for them and that 518,387,827 shares that are 21.996% of the Capital Share was enough to approve the raise.
These are the decisions that were made during the meeting:

1) a share worth 2 euro will replace 100 shares worth 0,02 euro each so that the Capital share that is worth 47,143,598.00 Euro will be divided in 23,571,799 shares. This operation was made possible by a shareholder that accepted to cancel 20 shares.

2) pay the 99 million euro debt that the club had on the 30th of September.

3) raise the Capital share to 120 million Euro that will be divided in 200,000,000 shares worth 0.60 euro each.

All the decisions were approved by 85.3% of the shareholders and 14.7% abstained themselves from the vote.

sslazio.it

Anyone to make sense of this statement?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
The shareholders during today's meeting in Rome at "The Village" decided to raise Lazio's capital share to 120 million Euro that will cover the debt that the club had on the 30th of September.
The chairman Ugo Longo announced at 2:30 pm that 257 shareholders took part in the meeting and 830 appointed a member of the staff to decide for them and that 518,387,827 shares that are 21.996% of the Capital Share was enough to approve the raise.
These are the decisions that were made during the meeting:

1) a share worth 2 euro will replace 100 shares worth 0,02 euro each so that the Capital share that is worth 47,143,598.00 Euro will be divided in 23,571,799 shares. This operation was made possible by a shareholder that accepted to cancel 20 shares.

2) pay the 99 million euro debt that the club had on the 30th of September.

3) raise the Capital share to 120 million Euro that will be divided in 200,000,000 shares worth 0.60 euro each.

All the decisions were approved by 85.3% of the shareholders and 14.7% abstained themselves from the vote.

sslazio.it

Anyone to make sense of this statement?
Well on point one, they have made more shares available in an attempt to sell more they are basically making it more appealing for the average Joe by selling it at 0,02. 0,02 x 100 is the same as each share being sold for 2 euro's but now they have a bigger potential because fans can buy shares and be part of the club at a cheaper price...without having to pay 2 euro's to have one share they can buy 100 to the same value. It's pychological...very smart.

On point 2 it's all straight forward they will use some of the capital to lower the debt....which will ofcourse be higher then 99m...

And again point three is number one but with different shares a more premium value share will be worth 0.60 a share.

Hope it helps. :)

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
To be honest people should start asking themselves how long this will go on, I seem to remember 3 other shareholder meetings to raise capital each time they got it. Which is ok fair enough but sooner or later someone's going to say..."I've invested X amount of money and it's not done anything, I haven't seen the results promised by the club when I invest this money".

Which will ultimately lead to players being sold and other cuts within the club.
High salary players will be top of the list. A lot of Lazio's financial management seems to be short-term fix up's like this capital increases...which will only go towards solving short-term liabilities and really keeping it going for a bit longer... Which doesn't make Lazio at all attractive to potential buyers which is what should be being done making the club attractive to new buyers...The board at Lazio need to start to think with over 100m worth of debts how is this club attractive? Because there really isn’t another Roman Abramovich around to sort the club out.

:)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Masoni: With 120 million Euros, Lazio will have a serene future

01/28/2004

"If the next increase in capital will go well for the entire 120 million Euros, I can guarantee that Lazio will go on for a long time without asking for more economical sacrifices. Soon we shall present our industrial plan that the potential underwriters will be able to study before buying the shares." This was said by Giuseppe Matteo Masoni, delegate administrator of Lazio, during a radio program, "La Voce della Nord".

"We have a very heavy debt, around 110 million Euros, but we asked the State for the re-negotiation of this so to pay the club's debt in ten years. We think that the appeal will be accepted because it is also in the interest of the Fisco to recover such a consistent credit. However, all will be explained in detail in the informative prospectus that we are preparing before the increase in capital. The fans and the common investors will know in detail the destination of the 120 million Euros that, we hope, will enter the register."

Masoni did not close the doors to an eventual help by the San Marino group, whose members are still mysterious. "The 80% of our shares are in the hands of small underwriters, nearly all residents of the Lazio Region, therefore it is not necessary to get Capitalia's 5% in order to purchase our club. If, like they say, these businesmen already have 30% they must announce it to the Consob as the law states, then they can call-up the assembly and vote for the new Council of Administration. To be in command, it is not necessary to have contacts with other shareholders. I have the impression," concluded Masoni, "That this problem is taken out of proportion, when in reality this is not a problem. We are happy if there is a potential majority shareholder, as long as he does it for the good of Lazio."

sslazio.it

---------------

Anyone with spare 120 millions? Come on, don't be shy!:tongue: :rolleyes: :confused:

Whoever is going to buy Lazio now seems the moment to do it.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Well I wish Lazio good luck to getting the money. :)

Though I think his words are blanketing the fact that if Lazio wants to continue to be in contention season after season...you have to spend for success especially in football.

120m over 10 years is 12m per season. Not enough if you ask me, wages alone would eat that all up and a lot more besides.

Only way to make the money last is if Lazio start developing their commercal aspects of the business and start some sound investment for the future of the club. Getting more sponsorship would be one and getting more money from it too.

Lazio merchandise potential should be developed further. Lazio should start plans to either buy the Stadio Olimpico with Roma or start plans to make their own. Building and developing their own would allow for development of things like resturants and shops etc would have endless money spinning potential in it gaining commercial success, the Lazio brand is a recognised one around the world, they should be looking to use it more.

It's about trying to make money from other sources other then owners pumping in capital and selling shares to raise capital which are a rarity these days for a large to medium size club to rely upon such avenues to remain financially viable and stable.

In short...I think if Lazio don't start opening themselves to more diversification and tapping into new markets of opportunity they will be back to this once again with all the money problems if and when Lazio get that capital increase first though.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you, we must find a way to make more money. The new football realities demand that and Lazio should not wait for an owner willing to give tens of millions for transfers and wages from his own pocket every season. The management should work towards better relations with the media bacause our image in front of the world is pretty bad right now. And our own stadium would be great for the club.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
I agree with you, we must find a way to make more money. The new football realities demand that and Lazio should not wait for an owner willing to give tens of millions for transfers and wages from his own pocket every season. The management should work towards better relations with the media bacause our image in front of the world is pretty bad right now. And our own stadium would be great for the club.
Well the better relations thing can be solved...but it has to happen with the club stamping it out. It's no good the club saying we are against certain section of the clubs fans and what they do and then secretly they support the fans who cause trouble.

Which lets be realistic and honest is what is going on, maybe the fans not going to games don't know this but Lazio have been known to give certain funding to the Irriducibili...free tickets and other benefits. So how can you put a stop to it if the club itself supports them behind closed doors but in front of the camera they say they are against it and cry out injustice when fined over their fans? How do I know all this because I have family and friends who are part of them and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't even want to call them family and friends but that's life.

Like the thread "proof the media is against lazio" well I'm sorry yes that video is disgusting but lets not deny that he has been whistled and booed this season...not even by small section I have seen live games and the booing is of a majority not minority.

The only way to stamp it out is first the club monitoring the fans and banning them because Lazio know who they are but they aren't they pointing them out. And so it will continue till the club wises up and realizes that they have no part in Lazio and their support for the club.

:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Masoni Explains Financial Situation

Well, when i heard the outcome of the assembly i was delighted and thought the problem is over and Lazio is saved, but I guess we still need to reach the 120 million right ?

I mean I sure hope those investors collect the money in time or we will be in deep trouble again.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update on the financial situation:

SS Lazio official financial announcement

S.S. Lazio S.p.A announces that, in execution of the deliberations adopted by the extraordinary assembly of the members meeting in the third call-up on the 17th of January 2004, and on the 9th of February 2004 the operations of re-groupment and contentious drop of the nominal value of the ordinary shares S.S. Lazio S.p.A will start circulating for effect of the reduction of the Social Capital loss.

The re-groupment will occur through the award of 1 nominal share of 2 Euros contentiously reduced for losses to 0.60 Euros (enjoyment 1st July) (codice ISIN IT0003621783, cedola n. 1 e seguenti) every 100 old shares of nominal value 0.02 Euros (enjoyment 1st July) (codice ISIN IT0001205621, cedola n. 5 e seguenti). Such an operation has been made possible after taking act of the availability of a member to annull 20 shares.

The re-groupment will occur through one of the intercessors of the management system at the Monte Titoli S.p.A.

S.S. Lazio S.p.A. also informs that to facilitate those that accept the centered management at the Monte Titoli S.p.A. in reaching the necessary quantities for the re-groupment, has let the Banca Finnat Euramerica S.p.A buy or lease (till 27th of February 2004) for a maximum of 99 shares for each intercessor, at the official price registered on the 6th of February on the telematic market managed by the Borsa Italian S.p.A., without further negotiations.

Therefore, starting from the 9th of February 2004, as an effect of the re-groupment and covering of losses operations, the social capital of S.S. Lazio S.p.A. equal to 14,143,079.40 Euros will be sub-divided in 23,571,799 shares of a nominal value of 0.60 Euro and consequently these share prices will be relieved.

If a shareholder has in possession 10,000 shares valued in the market at 0.035 Euros each (referred prices of 5th of February 2004), and therefore in total 350 Euros, his posiiton after the re-groupment will be the same to a share holder with 100 shares valued by the Stock Market 3.50 Euros each and therefore in total 350 Euros in an equal position

sslazio.it

--------------------------------

Well, I don't quite get what the hell all that means but why should that stop me from posting it? ;) :D

And on Monday the 9th February, the mysterious San Marino group investors will reveal their identity and goals on a press conference. Apparently they want to get all the Lazio shares and rumours are going wild. Let's hope for the best.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
And on Monday the 9th February, the mysterious San Marino group investors will reveal their identity and goals on a press conference. Apparently they want to get all the Lazio shares and rumours are going wild. Let's hope for the best.
I doubt anyone will make any moves to take majority share of Lazio. June books need to be done first then a better valuation can be done there after.

How did todays trading go? :)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The lawyer who represented the San Marino Group has been investigated for disturbance of the stock markets. And no news from the mysterious group if such group even exists.:mad: :confused: I am tired of all this crap...

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
The lawyer who represented the San Marino Group has been investigated for disturbance of the stock markets. And no news from the mysterious group if such group even exists.:mad: :confused: I am tired of all this crap...
Hmm...so when is the next shareholders meeting? And any news on how much of the 120m needs to be raised still. I saw a news report today saying 9m euro's was invested in Lazio by some businessman.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I got no idea...It's all confusion and around the club, it seems. Nothing is certain.

About that damn lawyer:
---------------------------------------
Mr.Riccardi, the lawyer of the S.Marino group, is at the moment in "Lazialità in TV":

"I'm persecuted by some members of the CONSOB, the Italian Stock Exchange Authority. They want me to reveal names that I don't want to reveal, since I'm bound to professional secret. I have then agreed with my clients to define my personal situation before everything else"

The lawyer received on Saturday a warranty decree

Laziofever.com
------------------------------------------

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
The problem is he is saying his employers will be making a move and they don't thus Lazio's share price goes up when hearing this news that there will be new investors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts