Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure all u guys are passionate about playing ur football, and can vouch that injuries are one of the most depressing things ever! Whats been your worst injury to date? or just share any injury stories u might have... :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive been injured with an ankle ligament injury for the last three and a half months!! and its doing my head in!! I just want to play football...

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
when i was 18 years old (now 26), i had a trial training session at german 2. Bundesliga Club SSV Reutlingen and it seemed promising for me to join them. Unfortunately, the season with my old smaller club was not over and i got injured 3 games later with a knee cruciate ligament rip. It took me half a year to comeback and suffered many smaller injuries afterwards, so still playing with my 7th league club! :frownani:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I think I'm like starquest in a way.

I suffered a dislocated knee twice, and also broke my collar bone playing football when I was about 12.

But other than those 3 incedents, I've never missed a game through injury. I just never seemed to get "tweaks" and other minor injuries.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
abstar26 said:
lucky bastard starcraft. u better touch wood. you dont want to tempt fate.
Well I am not that lucky if thats my only strength, am I?? :D

I would love to be injured if I only had some skills..:D

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I havn't had a serious injury, but right now I have a thing called "schlatter". You usually get it when you are growing and it's located just below your knee. In my case, the left knee, and I can't play football for some time now because of that.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
unlucky messi, how long are u out for? im still out for another month according to my physio... not too long now. Im thinking of getting those new pumas that etoo wears to mark the occasion!

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
worst injury i had was extra fluid build up in my knee which they first though was a muscle strain but 2 weeks of physio and i was fine

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Yes, one of the worst. In fact I think quite alot of the time it's necessary to have an operation on those kind of injuries.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
mutu1875 said:
Yes, one of the worst. In fact I think quite alot of the time it's necessary to have an operation on those kind of injuries.
I had to quit football cos of this injury. :cry:
Thought of going for operation, but it's going to cost a bomb. The doctor told me that, it's ok not to go for the ops if I'm not going to be very active in sport. Sigh. Ever since the injury, I have to be careful always. Even during sleep, I can't let the fan blow at my knees, or else the next morning will be hell. Sigh.

Giving up the sport is the worst feeling though.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
jianxing, i really feel for u man. Shit happens thats what I say! Maybe u should still look into having an op, but just think about saving up for as long as u have to. Because it is damn important! Ive been feeling quite shit with my injury, and ive only just started seeing the light. Just hope you aint feeling too bad. Always look on the bright side man, try and take up swimming or somethin it shouldnt be too harsh on ur knees I think! Or archery :) take it easy man.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Sigh.. I tore the first one 11 years ago.. But still it didnt affect much. I was still playing football and got through my army life without any problems. Guess, its because of the training that build up my leg muscles. But when the 2nd one was torn, I couldn't play anymore.. Looking on the bright side, I'm 27 this year, so I have my career to be busy with. If it had happened 10 years ago, it would be really bad as that is the age when we guys are most active in terms of sports. But strangely, I don't face any problems when play badminton. So I can carry on with the game. But it can never replace the feeling when playing football. I guess for now I can only enjoy watching football. :)

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Jianxing said:
I had to quit football cos of this injury. :cry:
Thought of going for operation, but it's going to cost a bomb. The doctor told me that, it's ok not to go for the ops if I'm not going to be very active in sport. Sigh. Ever since the injury, I have to be careful always. Even during sleep, I can't let the fan blow at my knees, or else the next morning will be hell. Sigh.

Giving up the sport is the worst feeling though.
Oh..damn. :sigh:

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
i tried to backheel a ball, but i was running like REALLY fast, i backheeled it ok, but in the process a fell towards the post and my hand got ****ed, blood and shit, no bone breaks but it hurt like hell for like a week, didnt play in that period.

also got my ankle twisted many times.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
- Broken nose
- Three broken fingers
- General muscle tears and whatnot
- Strained ACL
- Fractured foot
- Dislocated knee

I struggle to stay fit. :dazed:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Sprained my ankle twice and that's it, the second time I sprained it was pretty bad though, I thought I had done something worse, I didn't kick a football for a month either :depress:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
abstar26 said:
unlucky messi, how long are u out for? im still out for another month according to my physio... not too long now. Im thinking of getting those new pumas that etoo wears to mark the occasion!
I don't know. I've been resting for a month now, and I've started to slowly get back into training. But I think I'm going to stay in the gym a bit longer. Do you have the same injury?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts