Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The response this project has recieved by the small nucleus of Liverpool fans here seems pretty negative. After all, very few of us are absolute die-hard fans and aren't even from anywhere near England, let alone Liverpool.

However, I simply registered my interest on the official website as a 5000 pound committment at this stage was almost laughable.

Yet still I wonder......

My personal situation is that I'm 22, working part time earning about 9 grand a year (this is a temporary arrangement), but living at home with no bills to pay other than for my phone. I don't have an expensive lifestyle and I consider Liverpool a big part of my life. And with these thoughts swirling about my head I have honestly begun to think about making this commitment to the club. I have money saved, sure it could be spent on more 'sensible' things but what better way could I spend it than by buying a share of my football club? Ultimately, I'm going to spend 5000 quid within the next few years on trash that I don't really need anyway.

It's not like I'm simply handing over 5000 pounds that are never to return, SLFC still looks a far way off being a reality and they could just as likely not ever need my money as it could all fall through. But even more likely to fall through is Gillett and Hicks loan from RBS.

I know it's christmas and all and maybe this is why I'm feeling so generous, but does no one else feel the same way?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Saw this project at RAWK..
but if it's in smaller amount than 5k..you can guarantee more can afford it..

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
5k is an incredibly large sum to ask of anyone, considering the demographics of most football fans. half of us are poor students, another 40% are lifelongs who are actually from liverpool and aren't with a whole lot of disposable income, and the last 10% are well off and would probably have already given to the club if it mattered that much to them.

save your 5k mate, there's not a whole lot of say your 5k can give you that you don't already have. you would do better to put it into a trading account or savings account... or just save it for when you have to move out. the world economy isn't going to get a whole lot better before it gets a whole lot worse. 5k will give you something to nibble on in the bad days.

even at 2.5% you stand to make 650quid in 5 years if you put it in a savings account. think about it.

football is important, but it's not fun if you can't pay for television/match tickets.

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
If your asking would I ever become a member of such a scheme, yes I would. Right now I doubt my economic situation would allow but if this was a scheme which did work and I was in a more prosperous financial position, I would always invest as what it does is it allows me as a supporter to help and steer the direction of the club and dictate the best approach forward. Whilst letting the club operate solely as an institution not bound or restricted by the ego/ decision making/ personal interest of one or select bunch of individuals who's intentions are not really in line with the interests of the club. Personally I think this should have happened around the time of the 90's when the financial value of the club would have been less, nut I guess no point dwelling on the past. I would be interested to see how this goes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts