Xtratime Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
16 years of waiting for the WC and such humiliation in the first game! :fero:

Probably there are weaker teams in the tournament but I can't see any playing more boring football! :yuck: Long balls to Kaluzny (who, btw, won NONE of them) and?!... Is this the only tactics of the team that has qualified to the WC?!...

And where's the famous determination of our players?... It was one of the worst performances of Polish NT I've ever seen.

Engel MUST change something. Replace some players with the others, I don't know. We still have two games and something to prove! If we perform like today, we'll finish dead last and our so called stars will have their asses kicked by the fans and journalists...

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
no heart no determination

what the ****, did poland even make any attempt on the net let alone complete a decent pass, all we did was foul and shoot those stupid long balls which must of been engels great tactic which he hadf been talking about for the last few days, i cant belive we got humilitaed by a bunch of midgets. everything that i read all week indicated that poland was ready and determined to show the world what we were made of and that we were going in there to win but i guess it was just a bunch of talk in the end.

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Re: no heart no determination

OK, I'm not going to say that Poland played back because that was obvious. Instead I'm going to try to explain why they lost./
First couple of minutes Poland started playing quite well and almost scored. Actually they SHOULD HAVE scored, when Waldoch (or whatever his name was) missed the net from close range. He should have at least hit the target from there! Gradually after that Korea started to gain their composure and the crowd definitely helped as Polish players were obiously intimidated by the explosive atmosphere in the stadium...

I am really pissed off now since all four East European teams lost…Poland, Slovenia, Croatia, and Turkey - which completely depresses me that Romania wasn't there. Out of all these country we have the most experience.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
have you guys noticed that were starting to see a pattern of excuses going on with our NT and its dismal perfromance in the last month or so. first it was that the players are tired and had a long training camp thats why they struggled aginst estonia. number 2 is that that they were tired from the long trip and it was humid thats why why they bearly beat the korean champs songiwa and the defenders looked slow and shaky, and know tomasz hajto is blaming the refs for the loss against korea, come on enough is enough we need to get our **** together cause excuses are for losers and if we plan on playing aginst portugal the way we did aginst korea then we might as well just pack up and leave early.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Well, look guys, your team might not have played well, but calling Korea a bunch of midgets fails to credit their great play. First was their work rate, whenever there was a loose ball or a 50/50 ball the Koreans were almost always winning it. They were all over the pitch. And when they got the ball they played to win never once letting up, displaying very good technique, inventive play and a solid defense along the way. Korea just totally outplayed Poland in every category. Even in the air, where you should have dominated, the Koreans still held their own. One valid excuse, at least in the area of fitness, could be the humidity, after all the Koreans are used to it and Poland isn't exactly a subtropical area. Actually, I think any team would have had their hands full with the Koreans on that day. In any case, Poland needs to elevate its game fast. You have to win the next match basically, and at least get a draw after that. I think you can beat the US, and draw with Portugal so you still have a chance depending what else happens in the group. Bon Chance :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
No excuses, we simply sucked. I swear, even though my playing days are long over, I would have done a better job than Swieczewski did. Our midfield was non-existent, except Krzynowek, who was the brightest spot on the team. He at least tried...no one else did! I would completely revamp the midfield, get that lazy ass Swierczewski out of there, do something with Kaluzny (he was completely invisible), replace Kozminski as well. Fuuug, how embarrasing. .

On the other hand, I thought that our defense wasn't that terrible,they had some bright moments, even though were to blame for both goals, especially the first one. Waldoch was the best on the back line, solid for most of the game, I thought. As for the strikers, Engel should have left Zurawski in, and brought in Zewlakow at the start of the second half, and play with three strikers. But the midfield: there were no feeds! No individual actions by our midfielders, just those lame long passes, easily read by the Koreans. God, what a terrible game!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.