Xtratime Community banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
16,665 Posts
The fact that Samir has basically had nearly nothing to do in 2 matches is very good. Good to get 2 clean sheets running.

Imo we should swap Pinamonti for Gervinho in January, and bring in either Nzola from Spezia (a tank) or Llorente from Napoli in Jan.
True, the clean sheet thing is a positive.

We should have also scored 4 yesterday.

On Real Madrid: Rest assured they will bring their A-game both home and away. They live for these matches and have far, far more CL experience than our players (except for Vidal).
I honestly expect an away loss and maybe a home draw. I think it will resemble the Bacelona matches we saw in recent years.

I would rather slip EL and ensure we win Serie A, but each to their own.

Agreed on Pinamonti. Looks fairly useless. Gervinho would have been a huge asset. Such a fast, powerful player and a nightmare for tired defenders in a game like last night's

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Sure Real Madrid are Real Madrid, but that defence of theirs is vulnerable for sure as we saw against Shakhtar and Gladbach. Anyhow I really hope Conte rests players against Parma for Real Madrid. Fresh De Vrij, Vidal, Brozovic and Lukaku against Real Madrid are needed.

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I didn't know that Lukaku could take a free kick like that btw. Was very well taken.

Reactions: Roberto41

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

·
Registered
61,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Inter confirm Lukaku injury
Football Italia

Inter announced that Romelu Lukaku has suffered a thigh injury and is out of this weekend’s Serie A match with Parma.

The striker had played in the 0-0 Champions League draw with Shakhtar Donetsk in Kiev.

“Romelu Lukaku underwent an MRI scan at the Humanitas Institute in Rozzano this morning following a problem that arose during Tuesday's Champions League game against Shakhtar Donetsk,” read a statement.

"The scans showed that he has suffered a strain in his left thigh. His condition will be monitored daily.”

It does not specify the extent of the damage, but it’s safe to say the Belgian will be out of Saturday’s Serie A meeting with Parma.

The race is on to have him back against Real Madrid in the Champions League.

---

Too bad. Hopefully Rom does make the Madrid game. If not then hopefully Alexis does, and Lautaro gets back to scoring on Saturday and stays fit.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts