Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow @ 7:55 pm.

Our second CL groupstage match of the season will be held in Kiev instead of Donetsk due to political issues/war. Which means that Inter return to Kiev after this memorable evening in 2009... :)

Although we also have a bad memory from Kiev as we drew 1-1 with Dynamo and were eliminated from the CL groupstage under Zaccheroni in 2003-2004. Back then we had 3 coaches in the gs: Cuper, then Corrado Verdelli for 1 match (a 3-0 loss at Lokomotiv Moscow) and Zac.

Our record against Dynamo's biggest rivals and our adversary tomorrow - Shakhtar - is 2 wins and 1 draw, with the most recent one being the 5-0 win at Germany in the EL semis last season. A result still fresh in the minds of Shakhtar players so they will want revenge.

Shakhtar are high on confidence after a historic 3-2 win in Madrid against Real. Despite the absentees, the likes of Tete and Solomon absolutely destroyed Real's defence. Tete is a left footed right winger, so for tomorrow perhaps it would be wiser to start with Darmian at LWB instead of Perisic who could use a game off.

Alexis Sanchez and Sensi are both injured, which means that the usual front 2 will start (Lukaku-Lautaro), barring any late injuries or positive Corona tests... I fear Lukaku might be tired though..but obviously Pinamonti won't start a tough CL match.

In midfield, I would go with Brozovic, Vidal and Barella, keeping Eriksen as a second half option to use off the bench.

Defensive trio will most probably be DD, De Vrij and Bastoni. Hakimi rwb.

Weather in Ukraine tomorrow is expected to be 16 degrees which is good. Certainly not the type of weather in Ukraine in December or January..

Forza Inter.

Reactions: Jeffrey

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I read on FI that Young may start at LWB. Could be a risky move as he was out with Covid for a while. I prefer Darmian for tonight.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Depends on whether Young had symptoms. Most players are almost totally asymptomatic.

Darmian is a smarter option if Young really had bad symptoms.

Reactions: Firdaus

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Match is at 18:55 CET btw. 19:55 is Cairo time

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
Lineups

·
Registered
61,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think livescore got the positions of Marlos and Marcos Antonio mixed up. And it will be Vidal-Brozovic infront of defence with Barella ahead.

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
We should have scored at least a couple of goals already. Hopefully we aren't punished for being so wasteful.

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Unlucky but also very very profligate in front of goal.

We need to bury a chance soon, otherwise it's lights out for the CL campaign

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
D'Ambrosini needs to start learning to pass/flick the ball on with one touch, just in the last 5-10 minutes there were at least 3 occasions where Hakimi made runs in behind Waxtap's defensive line, since Waxtap doesn't bother picking up the runs he'd have acres of space and loads of time to create something if Dumbro just passed the ball on.

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Open goal miss Lautaro. Shocking.

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
We should have scored another couple of goals at the start of the second half. I guess this is one of those games where we lose after some hilarious defensive error.

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Vidal having a shocker.

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
We should have scored another couple of goals at the start of the second half. I guess this is one of those games where we lose after some hilarious defensive error.
Young attempting to take on that role. After being our probably worst player tonight.

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Absolute sh*te

Standard Conte CL crap

Abysmal finishing from Lautaro and Barella to blame.

Play youth team in Europa League and focus on Serie A

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
Every single sub tonight made us worse. The Lautaro sub made zero sense unless he was injured/fatigued.

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Rubbish last 20mins, absolutely nothing doing. Should've capitalised on the truckload of earlier opportunities. Very hard to qualify now.

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
Taking Vidal off made us lose the composure and organisation in midfield, I don't blame Conte for taking him off though since he was a red card waiting to happen.

Maybe Nainggolan would have been better than Eriksen.

·
Registered
16,603 Posts
Perisic was dire.

Eriksen had so little influence we may as well have played with 10 men....

·
Registered
45,663 Posts
Better than a loss, guys.

But it looks like the next games will start with with high pressure, which can lead to some dumb mistakes.

·
Registered
24,028 Posts
12-3 and 11-2 in shots in our two CL games and still only two points. Tough luck I guess.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts