Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friday, January 16, 2004

Hammers sign Arsenal keeper on loan

West Ham have signed Arsenal goalkeeper Rami Shaaban on a one-month loan.

The Hammers have been searching for back-up since selling England number one David James to Manchester City earlier this week.

Shaaban, who has started three Premiership matches for the Gunners, goes straight into the squad for the trip to Sheffield United.

But he is set for a place on the bench with Hammers manager Alan Pardew having promised Stephen Bywater a rare start.

--------------------------------

is this a decoy so arsneals bad @rse agents can sneak in and give a contract to defoe and steal him before sunrises?

I THINK SO!

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Good move for all parts.
As much as I do like Rami Shaaban he aint going to get playtime here aslong as Lehmann plays as good as he has so far.

Quite honestly I hope Rami will do a great job at West Ham and get a permanent contract. I rather see him as first choice in a division one team than 2:nd(or even 3:rd?) choice at Arsenal.

He will have to fight for his place in West Ham though, Bywater played his first game in three years for them this saturday and he did let in three goals BUT he saved a penalty brilliantly.
However Im sure Rami will take his chance when he gets it. :)

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
his a fantastic player, i remember when he first started at arsenal and we were all singing praises about him, i think if he didnt get injured, we wouldnt of got lehman.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts