Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nationalmannschaft defensive anchor Jens Nowotny tore his cruciate ligament in the 9th minute of the Bayer04 - Man U match. Toppmoller says he is 99% certain that it is torn. Which means that he will miss the Word Cup. With Worns, Rehmer, and Deisler probably unavailable, and Scholl definitely out, it will be a struggle to get through the 1st round.:(

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
All the sites and newspapers are sayin he's 99% out of WC or "may" miss the worldcup.....i wonder when we will know if he needs surgery or not.

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Thats one of the most tragic loss we could have suffered... IMO, he is the most valueable and important player in the German team next to Scholl, Kahn and Ballack. So half of the most important players are already ruled out, and a couple of important ones who could have filled the spot are questionable, like the mentioned Wörns, Rehmer and especially Deisler. Zickler aswell, but he aint that important, though, with the attack being our weakest part of the team by far, he would have been at least an alternative. he has shown what he can do when he is top fit vs spain one time, but since then, he has to struggle a lot with diverse injuries that never allowed him to find back to his level.

It would have been very interesting to see what our team had been able to do with all players available, with a midfield with Deisler, Scholl, ballack, jeremies, Hamann. With players like Schneider etc as alternatives. With a defense build by the reliable marker Wörns and the high class skipper of Leverkusen, Nowotny. I think this team, despite its lack of a real finisher up front, could have reached much more than most people expected. Especially with this great midfield, covered by a very solid defense and the marvelous Kahn.

But with one key player after the other getting ruled out by injury, it will be very very tough to bring home a decent result. I cant recall a year where we ever had more bad luck with injuries, and I got the strange feeling it aint over yet with the bad news.

D

·
0 Posts
It doesn't matter, Germany are only going to make up the numbers :tongue:

·
Registered
15,061 Posts
Error 404?
Is this what the doctors found when they tried to look for your brain in your hollow skull?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts