Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's that time again:

www.noisepop.com/2004

Velvet Teens, Low, Call & Response, Detroit Cobras, British Sea Power, Neko Case, Vue, Super Furry Animals, Stratford 4, Rilo Kiley, The Court and Spark, Film School, the reuninion of 28th Day, The Coach Whips, The Decembrists, Oranger, The American Music Club :), Dillinger Escape Plan, The Locust, I Am Spoonbender, the Demons, John Vanderslice, the Wrens, Built Like Alaska, Earlimart, the Clarke Nova and more. Looks like it'll be pretty good as usual, and will get me out in this horrible deluge we are having (everything is wet wet wet, it's like you need to build an ark!). Feb. 24-29.

RIO

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Dillinger Escape Plan & The Locust:drool: :happy:

How too such utterly awesome & diverse bands get stuck on an indie bill is beyond my knowledge.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
the Detroit Cobras is a personal favourite. Few bands, if any, gives you the lust to hit the town and have a night out like they do. I can't see how they could not make a good gig. Unless you really dislike them that is.

the Wrens made one of last years best albums. I have no idea what kind of liveband they are, but I think they're brilliant on record.

Then offcourse SFA is great too. Along with another bunch of nice artists. Plus there's bound to be some really nice things amongst the things I've never heard.

Nice :)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Call & Response, the happiest band ever! Has anyone heard their new album? The San Francisco bay area music scene is unparalleled, really. I envy you.

..none of the E6 bands on the lineup this time? Beulah?

this is the complete lineup:

28th Day, 400 Blows, 50 Foot Wave, Actionslacks, The Advantage, Alias, All Bets Off, All Night Radio, The Aluminum Group, American Music Club, Audio Learning Center, Devandra Banhart, Hudson Bell, Black Cat Music, Bonfire Madigan, The Bother, British Sea Power, Built Like Alaska, Call & Response, Canoe, Neko Case, Cex, Citizens Here and Abroad, The Clarke Nova, The Coachwhips, Coco Rosie, Comets On Fire, Communique, The Court & Spark, The Cuts, David Dondero, Dead Meadow, Dead Science, The Decemberists, The Decoration, The Demons, Denali, The Detroit Cobras, Dillinger Escape Plan, Dios, The Dying Californian, Earlimart, Elephone, The Elected, Ester Drang, The Evening, The Everyothers, Film School
Grand Buffet, Heavenly States, Hospital, The Henry Miller Sextet, the Herms, Kelly Hogan, Jolie Holland, Holy Kiss, I Am Spoonbender, Irving, Frank Jordan, Kaito, Knife & Fork, Kung Fu USA, Laguardia, The Locust, Loquat, Loose In The Wild, Low, Low Flying Owls, MacLethal, Carolyn Mark, Willy Mason, The Metric, Midnight Movies, The Minders, Monolith, Nedelle & Tom, Joanna Newsom, On The Speakers, Oranger, Papa M, Paradise Island, The Peels, Pedro the Lion, Persephone's Bees, Pidgeon, Plan B, +/-, Preston School Of Industry, The Proles, Pure Joy, Quails
Restiform Bodies, Rilo Kiley, Rock & Roll Adventure Kids, Rogue Wave, Rum Diary, Sage Francis, Salem Lights, Sanford Arms, Sgt. Major, The Scramblers, Seksu Roba, Shoehouse, Six Organs Of Admittance, The Sleaves, The Starlight Desparation,The Stills, The Stratford 4, Kelley Stoltz, Super Furry Animals, The Swords Project, Jesse Sykes and The Hereafter, Timonium, Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players, Truxton, Tussle, Two Gallants, The Tyde
The Unicorns, United State of Electronica, John Vanderslice, The Velvet Teen, Vetiver, Visqueen, Vue, The Washdown, Why?, Willpower, Wrangler Brutes, The Wrens, Your Enemies Friends

Oh my horrible God. :cool:

·
Registered
15,535 Posts
The only bands out of those I've actually heard of : Low, Call & Response, Detroit Cobras, British Sea Power, Super Furry Animals, Dillinger Escape Plan.

Aren't the Detroit Cobras an R n B covers garage band or something ? I've heard they're decent. British Sea Power from what I've heard are nonsense - Pixies rip-off instrumentally , vocally derived from Joy Division/ Echo and the Bunnymen stlyings - stupid concept IMO.

Probably some very good bands in that mix though from the way you guys are talking.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, there has to be a reason for living here besides the views and cable cars :D.

Went to see The Elected (OK), Frank Jordan (good SF related name, but little else), LaGuardia (good) and +/- (just like Versus cos they are, for all intensive purposes, Versus! Check them out!) at thee lovely Parkside and got rained on. Just like the original Shleprock always did. :)

Have tickets for Low tonite, and will try to see the Coachwhips or Decembrists on Saturday, whichever other people I know are going to. Hopefully the sun will be (figuratively) shining.

RIO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts