Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes as the thread title shows.

The fixture list was made that a team face those rivals in a row. The first victim was Racing, who faced all of Sevilla, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Villareal. Another victim is obviously Sporting. Do you think its fair to the other teams, that they have to face arguably the best four teams in the league right after the other?

Sporting are bad, but they probably wouldn't have been in the trouble they're in now if they didn't face Barcelona and Real Madrid after each other.

Personally, I think it has a major affect on the teams. For example, Villareal usually faces a team which is almost literally dead. Yes they are a great team but I'm not really surprised they're the top of the league. Any team which faces Barcelona or Real Madrid are likely to use all of their energy. But then again Real Madrid might also benefit.

You then look at the other side of the debate, that a team that faces Barcelona and gets a good result will be motivated to face Real Madrid and cause them problems and so on.

Discuss.

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Yeah it is a big disadvantage when you line up the top 4 teams barring Atletico.But since when was the RFEF known for its good ideas?

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
The fixture setup in Spain is just ****ing weird. This thing with the 4 teams in a row could be considered good or bad depending on your point of view, but either way it shouldn't happen I don't think.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
This is wrong, are you sure every team has these 4 games in a row? :confused: Cos' not once to we have these 4 games in a row, we have Sevilla then after that it's Betis, so....

I think it's a mix of teams and not just these select 4.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It's weird. Havent Numancia faced Villarreal, Barcelona, Real Madrid already as well?

I dont like it. Surely it is no coincidence?

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Isn't it how the draw is always done?! As far as I know, the fixture list is done automatically with the numbers, I don't know the mathematics behind it, but it goes like this 1st round 1-2, 3-4 etc, 2nd round 2-3, 4-1 etc, etc, etc. Then every club gets his number by the draw, and here you go, fixture list is set. The only awkward situation is that those big clubs got the numbers in such way, that poor clubs must face them in succession. This by itself is coincidence, or better put, was randomly defined by the draw.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Fixture lists should be done on a totally random basis, it is the only way to make things fair. It shouldnt really be too hard to either as i dont think any la liga sides currently share stadiums either

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
it is random, is only like this for some teams not every team in la liga

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well obviously it doesnt apply to all teams, because those four teams will also be facing each other :pp

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Isn't it how the draw is always done?! As far as I know, the fixture list is done automatically with the numbers, I don't know the mathematics behind it, but it goes like this 1st round 1-2, 3-4 etc, 2nd round 2-3, 4-1 etc, etc, etc. Then every club gets his number by the draw, and here you go, fixture list is set. The only awkward situation is that those big clubs got the numbers in such way, that poor clubs must face them in succession. This by itself is coincidence, or better put, was randomly defined by the draw.
It's a draw, but not a pure draw, since there are some preventions. For example, Barcelona and Espanyol can't play at home the same weekend. The same goes for any city with 2 teams.

Aside this, yes, it's a draw and I don't see the disadvantage. All the teams will "suffer" this situation. Besides, if you face them all in one month, you won't meet them in 4 months, which is an "advantage" too.

I think it's just a funny coincidence that shouldn't have any consequence.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Well for Betis and Atletico this has surely been a disastrous draw, losing points to left and right. Atletico was in the head of the pack and now the other clubs are getting a lead this early in the season. Also Real_Madrid had a good point about the fact that most teams will have their batteries depleted when they´ll be facing Villareal. And this "train" can have devastating effects on some teams morale and can be a start to a massive losing streak to them. The most idiotic thing probably is that these 4 teams have a clear advantage on other title contenders having to face the 4 clubs in a row. So, yeah, fvck up of the highest order by the RFEF.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
blog on 442 made a good point. that during 6 weeks those 4 teams play each other which can decide la liga really. i know usually its not the case that games between big teams decide the title, but now its the top 4 playing each other one week and the next, one after the other.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
blog on 442 made a good point. that during 6 weeks those 4 teams play each other which can decide la liga really. i know usually its not the case that games between big teams decide the title, but now its the top 4 playing each other one week and the next, one after the other.
I noticed this too, most of all the big teams will have this run of 4 weeks where they play eachother, gonna be a crazy December and May.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i wonder what are these big teams you talk about?

i fear villarreal has been included among these big spanish clubs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts