Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pumba said:
dont rule out Linfield, peter Thompson and Glenn Ferguson arnt finished yet.

I think cork will win it this year though
Glenn fergusen's a legend how'd he never join a bigger club in england.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Someone got fixtures and some more info perhaps?

Where do they play for? And it's Ireland and Northern Ireland mixed?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Knoert said:
Someone got fixtures and some more info perhaps?

Where do they play for? And it's Ireland and Northern Ireland mixed?
Hey i will put more info latter, basically the setanta cup is a a competition between eircom clubs(mainly rep.of ireland teams) and the irish league(all n.ireland teams) its has group stages from which 2 teams from to groups make it threw to semi finals,

basically a competition to see which team is the best team on the island of ireland.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
lazyyzal05 said:
Glenn fergusen's a legend how'd he never join a bigger club in england.
yea i agree with that, he also only got 6 caps for northern Ireland, but saying that there was no way he was getting to play ahead of Dowie or O'Boyle, back in the day, and then he was forgotten about

Also Linfield 6 - 0 Glentoran

Linfield humiliated 10 man Glentoran 6-0 to win their Setanta Cup group and set up a semi final against Drogheda United next Tuesday.

Andrew Hunter's 25th minute penalty put the blues ahead and after Mark Glenndennings(my dad was his boss :hopefull: ) dissmisal, Peter Thompson hit Linfields second before the break.

Paul McAreavy's delightful lob made it 3-0 and further goals followed from William Murphy, McAreavy and Peter Thompson.

Derry's last goal at Tolka Park ensured Linfield avoid a trip to Cork

I wouldnt be surprised to see this Linfield team split up over the summer, as there have been numerous scouts at recent games, many looking at Peter Thompson in particular who has scored over 30 goals this season. But Micheal Gault has stated his intention to move on to bigger things and Jm Ervine is looking for a professional contract, as Linfield is Northern Irelands only professional club

·
Banned
657 Posts
shels are really playing bad. should think about a change of manager bobby ryan is the only player living up to expectations. so lets have a vote cork or linfield to win it?
(drogheda no chance imo)

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
GS1905 said:
shels are really playing bad. should think about a change of manager bobby ryan is the only player living up to expectations. so lets have a vote cork or linfield to win it?
(drogheda no chance imo)

lol Drogheda beat Linfield at Windsor last night , 1-0. Its Linfield's second defeat of the season , their first defeat was Saturday.

So it looks like its Corks trophy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts