Xtratime Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, pretty disappointed that euro 2008 is only getting full coverage on setanta sports, i live in a hotel/apartment building so get free foxtel, but obviously cant upgrade cause it is managed by the hotel side of the building, and having trouble gettin my own satelite installed cause it has to be approved by the building manager etc.

was wonderin if anyone currently has setanta on broadband? and if its reliable, quality and sound wise, + if you get a good connection?

or if anyone else knows of a good way to watch euro 2008 over the net, please let me know!

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
you can watch it on uefa.com. it's not live though and the games go up after midnight (CET). very good quality, so you'll need good internet.

you can pay 2 euros per game, or you can pay 20 euros to have access to every match. you also get to choose either extended highlights or just highlights.

i found it crap because my internet couldnt take it, although quality is very good. also i wasnt able to download the highlights.

·
*the drum drum*
43,492 Posts
i found it crap because my internet couldnt take it, although quality is very good. also i wasnt able to download the highlights.
Look into WM Recorder.

Buy/Find it, install it and then run the program. After it's configured (first time only), make sure it's up and running BEFORE you click into the content you want to watch.

The program will automatically catch the stream and start downloading it. You can then even close your browser and let WM Recorder download the entire clip for you.

It records live streaming content too.

Also good for downloading YouTube style content, or even the videos on www.theworldgame.com.au.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
cheers mate im gonna give that a try and see how it goes.

have you yourself tried it? i mean recording streams from say sopcast and the likes?

·
*the drum drum*
43,492 Posts
Sopcast has it's own recording function, just click on the record button and it'll save what you're watching.

I haven't tried WM Recorder on anything like that, only things I watch through Sopcast are CL games when I want to watch it live, otherwise I always find a place to download or watch it later.

I have used it on recording things like YouTube clips, embedded videos in websites and live streaming of Turkish football (paid stream). Also things like this;

http://www.setanta.com/ioss/

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts