Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lorenzo Serra Ferrer already has decided the 11 HE wants for next seasons attack on Spain and Europe. There are a few pieces still missing, especially the replacement of Figo. The two main candidates to occupy his place are Javier Saviola and Marc Overmars. Although only one should be signed, it may turn out that both end up in the team. Those at the top of River Plate say they are ready to negotiate as they have a $50 million debt they need to get rid of. Other than Figo's spot, SF is working to fill other holes in the team. Manu Petit if signed would not play in a central midfield roll, rather he would play as a central back beside Abelardo. The left back is another spot that needs cover as Sergi may leave or just as cover if he is ever injured. He is milling over who to bring in. He wants to bring in Athirson, but he has a precontract with Juve, so this is almost impossible. In the attack, the signing of Alfonso looked shaky for a while, but may now be financed by the sale of Zenden to Lazio. Nothings for sure yet.

This is how SF sees the team for next year:

_____________________Dutruel

___Reizeger______Abelardo______Petit______Sergi

___________________Guardiola

___L. Enrique_____________________Cocu

___Saviola(Overmars)_________Rivaldo

___________________Kluivert

Other 11

_____________________Baia

____Puyol______F. De Boer_______Dehu_______Athirson

_____________________Xavi

_____De la Pena_____________________Gabri

______Simao_______________________Nano

_____________________Dani

[Edited by CarlosMiguel on 26-07-2000 at 05:06]

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I don't get it....
SF said several times he intended to solve the defensive problems, but with this line-up I think they'll still be there :(

·
Registered
550 Posts
Where is the new central defender? All the great teams have always had strong defenses - ours is far from that. We also need to put 2 in central midfield - Guardiola as playmaker and someone else to look after Pep and to break up other teams attacks.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
exactly my point hristo!
put Cocu at Pep's side and that would help big time!
And if we get Petit, he should play there also...

SF, CLOSE THAT GAP IN FRONT OF THE DEFENSE!!!!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Do you know what am I thinking after seeing CM's list of our 2 first elevens. Wow! What a powerful squad we have (or going to have). Who needs the Figo guy? I don't see any position for him. Maybe in the Barca B there is vacancy....
I do agree that we need to beef-up our defence, it looks shaky. I'm sure SF we'll be doing something about this as he has to perform to extend his 1 year contract.
Catch you guys later!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Keep Simao Sabrosa & buy either Aimar/Riquelme & as for striker Saviola or any other may u can start with Dani.But anyway Barca this year strongly need a tough defence to be competitive ;)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Why have people stopped talking about Ronaldinho suddenly?
Apparently he was pretty influencial in all 3 goals yesterday against Argentina, and would be a more proven international buy than Aimar or Riquelme.
I like the idea of having the new Rivaldo playing in the same squad as Rivaldo himself anyway. lol :)

·
Registered
964 Posts
CM Petit is a midfielder not a defender
Doesnt have a build at all to be a CD.
Whats been going on with the Zidane issue.
Can we please not mention Figo's name.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Paulo, I know Petit is a midfielder. That is why it is weird that we want him to play in the back. This isn't my team this is what SF wants.

T

·
0 Posts
Don´t forget the young ones. It´s time for one or some of our youngsters to break through seriously this season (Xavi? Gabri? Nano?). My guess is for Gabri. He showed great stuff at the end of last season. Big heart and can play in different positions. With more playtime I think he could be a Spanish international within a year!

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Now that Zenden stays, do you think that he will get the position as a winger in team 1 where CM wrote "Saviola (Overmars)" ?

G

·
0 Posts
So is Ferrer going to use the same formation that Van Gaal used?
I thought he played differently.
5-3-2 or 3-4-3

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gigi, to answer your question, i don't think the formation that i put down is exactly how he plans to play. I got this from Mundo Deportivo, and i think they just laid the players out to give an idea of who would be playing. I am sure that he is going to play with a "media punta" which today he said would be Rivaldo. If this is so, MxPx, I think that Zenden will be taking Rivo's place out on the left, finally giving him the chance to play in the position i thought he had been brought here to play. We'll just have to wait and see, LIKE ALWAYS!!

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think we will play 4-2-3-1 afterall...
______________Dutruel______________
Reiziger_Abelardo__FdBoer_____Sergi
______Guardiola________Cocu________
Overmars______Rivaldo________Zenden
______________Kluivert_____________

·
Registered
271 Posts
It worries me that i see no place for Luis Enrique in this 11.
He is a great player and we can't just forget about him.
OK, so he's 30 now, but so will Cocu be in 2 months and Pep will be 30 in January.
Actually a worrying no. of our 1st team will be over 30 by the end of next year or the year after :
Enrique, Pep, Cocu, de Boers, Rivaldo, Abelardo, Sergi? (i think he is only 27 actually).

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
That's the big problem...
Luis Enrique has to play as well....
Another thing: We signed Alfonso... But if we're playing only 1 striker, why do we have to have three under contract???

·
Registered
258 Posts
That don´t impress me much.:D
Cocu, Zenden, Overmars, Reiziger Uhhh scary?
Eventually it seems you have switched Figo for a guy almost his price and age (but far from being decisive) and an average player ( the little "petit").
To have Petit for almost the same price of Redondo, and Overmars for almost then same of Figo shows how your new president GAS-FART is.
CONGRATULATIONS¡¡¡:D:D:D

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A por la novena, maybe it would be better if you went a por the madrid forum. It seems you don't have anything good to say. Maybe you're just mad because Redondo left. Don't worry, many more will be sold.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts