Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow there's a nice derby in Serie C: Spezia - Pisa. Visited La Spezia while driving from Genova to Livorno (to see Livorno-Roma) and saw the stadium among other things. The city was somewhat depressing, except from the fantastic Cinque Terra (perhaps not part of La Spezia but still). I noticed that a lot of the buildings had written FORZA SPEZIA and/or vaffanculo Pisa or something in that direction. Vice Versa in Pisa.

I got a bit fascinated by this, as I'm not even used to clubs from the third best divisions have fans! The rivalry was seemingly massive!

Does anyone know anything about this derby?

:cool:

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
It is not exactly a Derby but there is rivalry. In particular, when Pisa were in serie A (the days of Romeo Anconetani) or at least in serie B they had a strong rivalry with Sampdoria (they were somehow our enemy n.1 and there were disorders in every game involving Sampdoria and Pisa) and a great friendship with the second team of Genova. Now that Pisa are in serie C their rivalry is with Spezia who are friend of Sampdoria.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. :thmbup:

Just wondering. Are there any Serie C clubs with strong hate for the big Serie A clubs?

·
Registered
46,511 Posts
Thotobald said:
Thanks. :thmbup:

Just wondering. Are there any Serie C clubs with strong hate for the big Serie A clubs?
Sure, you have to considers two factors:
1- some clubs who are in serie C now were in serie A in the past and viceversa so the supporters had a way to fraternize (or hate) in the past even if they are now in different categories.
2- there are alliances. So for example Torino Calcio are friends of Genoa and so they hate us as a consequence.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts