Xtratime Community banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
So... Maresca sacked... Iachini is our new manager. I don't know much about the man except for the fact that he was himself fired from Fiorentina.

Mixed feelings.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Apparently he's won promotion from Serie B to Serie A with four different teams before, and talk of him having some more budget for players.....

That last part makes me think he'll find some experience war horse type players who bring more fight to the squad.

I'm disappointed that Maresca didn't manage to do better, I had hopes that he'd be another good manager in time, and possibly he will be. Again I refer to a certain Stefano Pioli who managed us some years back, currently managing AC Milan.... Parma need to stop being the testing ground for managers who are too inexperienced.

·
Registered
48,514 Posts
It looks like the management of Parma read my post or, more easily, they simply realized that a veteran with a few promotions from serie B to serie A in his curriculum vitae is probably a better option than the random guy who worked with Guardiola. And yes, it is also probable that a few players with the same curriculum vitae will join Parma in January.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Sunday evening away to Como we'll see the first impact of Iachini. Sounds like he's cracking the whip right now, double training sessions to get the team to adapt to his game plan.
Also talk of some of the older players being brought back into the squad - not sure if they're currently on the squad list for Serie B or this is something that needs to wait till the January window.

If we don't see some "fire" in the squad to fight for a result already then we'll be lucky to stay mid-table by end of the season.

·
Registered
48,514 Posts
The impact won't be necessarily positive at the beginning. I remember that Iachini lost the first game (or the first two games, I should check) when he replaced the previous coach at Sampdoria, but the team slowly gained the confidence it lacked, qualified to the promotion playoffs (the last spot!) and gained the promotion to serie A.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
An evening kick off away to Como, there are a few injuries, so looks like we're starting with 3-4-1-2.

PARMA (3-4-1-2): Buffon; Osorio, Danilo, Cobbaut; Delprato, Schiattarella, Brunetta, Juric; Vazquez; Tutino, Inglese.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
We play Como tonight- I'm nervous.

Maresca clearly wasn't working out, but it's all a huge shame really as I think we're pretty much destined to be in Serie B for a few seasons.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
An evening kick off away to Como, there are a few injuries, so looks like we're starting with 3-4-1-2.

PARMA (3-4-1-2): Buffon; Osorio, Danilo, Cobbaut; Delprato, Schiattarella, Brunetta, Juric; Vazquez; Tutino, Inglese.
Although Maresca is a gone, it's still the same players I guess. Here's hoping Iachini can sort them out.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Although Maresca is a gone, it's still the same players I guess. Here's hoping Iachini can sort them out.
Sounded like Mihalia just hasn't recovered from all the training sessions, so on the one hand it makes me wonder if the players were even physically fit enough for Serie B, and smile as I like a manager that works the players....

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
1-0 already at Como at '60. We are going to get relegated at this rate. We are literally losing to a Serie C team.

3 points away from relegation zone.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Sounded like Mihalia just hasn't recovered from all the training sessions, so on the one hand it makes me wonder if the players were even physically fit enough for Serie B, and smile as I like a manager that works the players....
yeah, the football manager approach to signings it seems has meant that we have ended up with loads of players who might not even be Serie B quality.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
So an 85 minute equalizer from Inglese got us the 1-1.

Buffon saved another penalty in the first half, but it did sound like we had chances as well. A bit more ruthlessness up front it called for as we don't create the 100s of chances that we would need otherwise.

Iachini has said it - you can't change much in three days, we have to work.

At least some signs of character from the team, losing and trying to get back into it. It's a start.

As for the quality of our players, there are some who are even Serie A material, but they need to understand that they have to work as hard, if not harder, than the rest. There's only one player on the pitch who's proved themselves, and he's still performing to a high level, now it's time to see if any of the other will learn from that...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Unfortunately the games come thick at fast at times with us hosting Brescia tomorrow evening. It would be a tough ask at the best of times and these are certainly not those.

Iachini has said that we've got 8-9 plays our at the moment, and also that there's no way to bring in other squad players as the lists are fixed till the window (we've got some other, older, players that we didn't manage to sell who may be of use).

Can't see us getting anything tomorrow, a reduced squad, tired from the intense training and the game the other night, barely having time to recover before playing, oh and we've been playing pretty rubbish as well. I'd be "happy" to see us draw this one given where we are, obviously it would be a wonderful jolt to the team if we could win it but I'll try and not dream to excessively for now....

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
In other rubbish news, the whole "plusvalanze" mess has reared it's head again (clubs over valuing players to keep inside the financial fair play rules). Unfortunately we're linked on two deals with Juventus (who have had their offices searched and at worse would have a scudetto taken off them and get demoted -again).

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Another loss, 0-1 to Brescia. On the "bright" side I was expecting to lose by more. Sounds like the team played poorly in the first half, conceded early and could have conceded further, then turned up in the second half but couldn't score.

Hoping that we'll get some players back from injury, give Iachini some options and start to see some results.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Really poor again, we'll be lucky not to be relegated at this rate. It seems that Krause and co have undone in mere months several years of work to rebuilt the club from Serie D.

It amazes me how awful our players are. Some players yesterday looked like amateur playrers. 7.5 million euros for on Busi?!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Poor rubbish again, 0-0 away at Ascoli. We did try but it wasn't enough. Also Buffon again saved us from conceding.
True but we also hit the cross bar, I think there are signs of a pulse.....

Also Iachini has being properly trying all the players in the squad, even if only to give them 20 minutes and will get a better idea of what each can bring.

On the, even more?, negative, the table has really stretched out now and we're much closer to the relegation zone than the play-offs - though I think in both cases a five point swing is all it would take. Three games to the half-way point of the season, it would be "nice" to see some signs of improvement before then.

At the moment it feels to me like our inability to take any chances is where a big issue lies, if you can't score then the moment you concede you'll all be thinking you've lost the game already.... The formation was described online as "very attacking" and yet no goals scored once more. I think getting the forwards to start to believe in themselves is as much part of the core struggle as getting the team to fight for the games.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts