Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
There seems to some cohesion in the team which is good. Nice to see Bobby score. And as always, the more games we win the better the mentality in the squad. Brunetta and Vazquez are supreme chance creators.

The crunch time as always will be mid season after the Christmas break.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Oh well good while it lasted - we lost 1-2 at home to Cremonese, conceding in the 3rd minute set the tone on the first half (0-2 at HT). Eventually coming out to put pressure on, Mihalia scoring for us, but Vazquez was sent off (missed the details) and despite that Maresca put in Brunetta so in the end we played with more of less five forwards but couldn't quite get them.

Oh and Buffon saved a penalty, which was then retaken and missed (he went the correct way). So we've dropped some important points where Brescia remain on at 100% and must be where we look to.

If i've understood another game is coming soon so not long to see if the team have learned from this....

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
A positive Covid-19 case in the squad, the rest of the squad have tested negative.

The probable formation for tonight away to Ternana:

Buffon,
Delprato, Danilo, Cobbaut, Coulibaly
Juric, Sohm, Brunetta
Mihaila, Tutino, Correa

Given Ternana are on 1 point we need to win this but given the churn in the squad I'm not convinced, we'll see if there's a reaction from the loss to Cremonese....

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
How the hell is it we have just TWO midfielders in the squad?? I know with suspension and injury that may explain a little but even last week it was strangely "thin", 8 defenders, and 8 forwards named, just two midfielders, one of whom is Sohm who's only being moved because of a lack of players. We've got THREE goalkeepers in the squad by comparison...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Second defeat in a row - against a team that had till now got 1 point. 3-1, I don't have all the details but suffice to say the line is that any "grace period" that may have been afforded the team has run out. This is an appalling result and it's only take a handful of games to get me in the mindset that this is not going to be the only season in Serie B.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Second defeat in a row - against a team that had till now got 1 point. 3-1, I don't have all the details but suffice to say the line is that any "grace period" that may have been afforded the team has run out. This is an appalling result and it's only take a handful of games to get me in the mindset that this is not going to be the only season in Serie B.
Quite right, the loss against the Ternana was bad, shows we are still pretty immature. Pretty worried that it's taken but a handful of games for teams to work out our gameplan.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
1-1 draw at home to Pisa. At least we didn't lose? But mid table is really not good enough, hopefully we can pick up the pace with performances.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
1-1 draw at home to Pisa. At least we didn't lose? But mid table is really not good enough, hopefully we can pick up the pace with performances.
Given Pisa are top shows some signs of a fight at least, plus we had at least two out with Covid-19 from what I'd seen. Sounds like another rubbish first half performance followed by a marked improvement in the second, with some poor misses on our part. Important for the squad to remain "humble" they haven't won anything, and focus on their work....

On a different note - I wish Serie B would stop putting the ****ing games on at all these different times/days, can't keep a track of when we're playing - though maybe it's a blessing to just see the result. The money grab for TV rights just pushes games out to more and more silly parts of the week.

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
On a different note - I wish Serie B would stop putting the ****ing games on at all these different times/days, can't keep a track of when we're playing - though maybe it's a blessing to just see the result. The money grab for TV rights just pushes games out to more and more silly parts of the week.
I use the schedule from fixture(dot)es and sync it to my calendar so I always know when the game is on
Green Font Rectangle Parallel Design

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
What absolute garbage, we threw away a 2-0 lead to draw 2-2 at Spal. And Vazquez got sent off again.

We were playing well until it just all fell apart.
What on Earth is going on with Vazquez, he had one good game where he was raved about in the press, he, along with Buffon, is described as a player indicative of the club's need/intent to be back in Serie A, and yet that's his second red AND he rated at 2 out of ten. I've NEVER seen a player rating so low before!

So there's a break for the internationals, and maybe that will give the team the moment they need to get their "stuff" together because we're already 10 points off the top and things will turn on this squad if they don't start performing.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
0-0 draw at home to Monza today. We couldn't capitalise on Monza going down to ten men.

Our promotion drive is faltering currently, we have to start winning games.
From what was posted during the game it was a LOT of missed opportunities even before the red card. Pretty rubbish not to have made that extra man count. Only small blessing Pisa lost so we're actually 1 point closer to the top (though down in 14th?) now.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
From what was posted during the game it was a LOT of missed opportunities even before the red card. Pretty rubbish not to have made that extra man count. Only small blessing Pisa lost so we're actually 1 point closer to the top (though down in 14th?) now.
We just don't seem to have the discipline to capitalise on chances. Something has to change in next couple of games.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
We just don't seem to have the discipline to capitalise on chances. Something has to change in next couple of games.
I'd agree, with the attacking players we have (ok some are still young) scoring goals should be the least of our troubles, but I always keep in mind Ancelotti's first season in charge, just above the relegation zone for the last game before the Christmas break a 1-0 win away to Milan and we never looked back finishing 2nd (that it was not 1st was IMO a clear example of Calciopoli). The important thing is as you've said, the team needs to start working together, we need to avoid losing but more importantly start winning. Build some momentum and get moving up the table.... Not much time before it's too late to really consider getting into the top two, and you don't want to be in the play-offs!

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Tuned into the Reggina away game, we are already trailing 1-0. Absolute shite. Some of the best players in the league and we're on course to get relegated at this rate.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
We have literally zero ideas, absolutely no focus whatsoever. I have no idea as to what Maresca's philosophy is meant to be.

We are now 3 points from safety. The club is in freefall.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I cling to the insanity that is a thread of hope but in reality I'm just astounded at how poor this team is performing, almost like they don't understand how much of a fight Serie B is. Sure the squad is young but this is just rubbish, they've all been playing football for long enough to understand what they need to do. Afraid this is a sign of having gone too far to youth with a lack of experience on the pitch?

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Now Man's agent is talking about something maybe happening during winter (transfer window). Given the "talent" has been playing pretty badly not sure we'll get many sensible offers, and I hope that we'll stick to the guns of asking for REAL money for any purchase.

Apparently "this isn't what he wants" and "Serie B requires a different approach to Serie A".

For a player that has potential but hasn't delivered that much till now, pretty arrogant IMO.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts