Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Great to see Como& Salernitana back up with Novara I remember when they were in serie a some years back:D.Also wrapped for teramo as well first time ever& with my background from Abruzzo.Should be an interesting season I hope clubs like Cagliari can come straight back up& also Parma(depending what happens with them of course).

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
for some almost unexplainable reason I long liked Salernitana. Also, I used to believe Salerno was positioned in the vicinity of Taranto.

Como was once the number one club for Milan to loan players too, not anymore though.

·
Registered
23,824 Posts
Como did have one milan player on loan though. the son of Maurizio Ganz, Simone Andrea. He was indeed crucial in their promotion as he scored 4 out of 6 goals in the promotion play-off.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Como did have one milan player on loan though. the son of Maurizio Ganz, Simone Andrea. He was indeed crucial in their promotion as he scored 4 out of 6 goals in the promotion play-off.
Yeah he's always had high wraps on him, he's still quite young hopefully he can explode next season in B:D.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Its gonna be an interesting season for Serie A and Serie B next season. There are several interesting clubs in both league that are worth following. But to me the things that I'm gonna look into next year is how well young coaches such as Pavan, Panucci, Iuliano, and Oddo fare for next season. It will be also interesting to see how well Gianluca Zambrotta's Como do next season.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Parma will likely be replaced by Brescia, but Italian football is a mess in terms of cheating and the positions of more clubs will be investigated. First of all Catania, whose management has just been arrested for arranging games, but also Teramo, freshly promoted to serie B and investigated for the game which was decisive for the promotion to serie B, at Savona.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Its gonna be an interesting season for Serie A and Serie B next season. There are several interesting clubs in both league that are worth following. But to me the things that I'm gonna look into next year is how well young coaches such as Pavan, Panucci, Iuliano, and Oddo fare for next season. It will be also interesting to see how well Gianluca Zambrotta's Como do next season.
Zambrotta is at Chiasso isnt he? Or are u just saying because he started out at Como?!

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so who will be replacing Parma in Serie B?? The team that lost to Como in the promotion playoff....Bassano?
No, I guess Bassano have no chances at all in any case because Bassano have no tradition nor fan base, which are the two main criteria.
That said, serie B clubs are replaced by clubs who were relegated from serie B to Lega Pro first of all. In this case Brescia are chosen over Entella and Cittadella because of tradition and fan base.

·
Registered
212 Posts
No, I guess Bassano have no chances at all in any case because Bassano have no tradition nor fan base, which are the two main criteria.
That said, serie B clubs are replaced by clubs who were relegated from serie B to Lega Pro first of all. In this case Brescia are chosen over Entella and Cittadella because of tradition and fan base.
Though I certainly do not agree with the modus operandi of choosing, that's good if it's Brescia because they signed some good youngsters this mercato; it'll be nice if they were to compete in Serie B instead of Lega Pro.

So who is gonna replace the now bankrupt Reggina, Venezia, and Varese in Lega Pro? Man...there are some big clubs going bankrupt.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Here are some observations that I got after watching the first game of Serie B between Cesena and Brescia:
a. It's a great idea that Lega implement the singing of the Italian national anthem at the beginning of every match.
b. Salvatore Molina destroyed Brescia right flank.
c. Racine Coly either had a bad game or doesn't deserve start.
d. Leonardo Morosini needs to start because he's one of the few Brescia players today who actually gives a damn.
e. Mattia Caldara had a great game at CB.
f. Luca Mazzitelli seems too good to be playing in Serie B. His passing skill, physique, distribution, and creativity is certainly Serie A material. Although, he needs to improve on his outside shooting and I need to see him perform under pressure because today he operates mostly free.

FORZA CALCIO & AZZURRI!

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Here are some observations that I got after watching the first game of Serie B between Cesena and Brescia:
a. It's a great idea that Lega implement the singing of the Italian national anthem at the beginning of every match.
b. Salvatore Molina destroyed Brescia right flank.
c. Racine Coly either had a bad game or doesn't deserve start.
d. Leonardo Morosini needs to start because he's one of the few Brescia players today who actually gives a damn.
e. Mattia Caldara had a great game at CB.
f. Luca Mazzitelli seems too good to be playing in Serie B. His passing skill, physique, distribution, and creativity is certainly Serie A material. Although, he needs to improve on his outside shooting and I need to see him perform under pressure because today he operates mostly free.

FORZA CALCIO & AZZURRI!
Who?!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts