Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Carpi and Frosinone are currently leading Serie B...2 clubs I've never heard of and who have never played in Serie A.
Yes its rather surprising...neither are particularly ambitious... They dont have big squads with former serie a players or anything. Seems they are both jus very solid at home in their small stadiums. Both will probably fade tho in second half of season and likes of bologna and livorno will step up. Avellino and spezia also have decent squads

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I quite enjoy watching Serie B... a lot of the BS from Serie A is left out...and its just straight up football.

I hope Lanciano makes it to the playoff round. I'd like to see Bologna back in A as well as Avellino (not that I was old enough to remember them).

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
I like Avellino as well. They at least almost fill their stadium unlike most sides... Their stadium holds about 9.5k and they get about 7.5k on average (highest percentage attendance to capacity ratio in serie B) , so for sure would be packed if they were in serie A.

Bologna will probably add 3 or 4 decent players in Jan which will give them the boost needed to get promoted back in to serie A

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I like Avellino as well. They at least almost fill their stadium unlike most sides... Their stadium holds about 9.5k and they get about 7.5k on average (highest percentage attendance to capacity ratio in serie B) , so for sure would be packed if they were in serie A.

Bologna will probably add 3 or 4 decent players in Jan which will give them the boost needed to get promoted back in to serie A
Perugia gets a nice crowd as well I've watched a few of their games. Check this out if you're into those kinds of stats...

http://www.stadiapostcards.com/B14-15.htm

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Yee perugia have always been a reasonably big club for serie b standards like bologna...always keep on eye on them since the Nakata days!

I mentioned avellino specificslly cos they are a small club tht almost fill their stadium consistently so more of an atmosphere. Perugia like many others only get 40% of their capacity so can seem quite empty

·
Registered
40,293 Posts

tbh, it's Bologna who i want them to come back to serie A.. i want Virtus Lanciano to be promoted with them and don't care about the 3 side.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
tbh, it's Bologna who i want them to come back to serie A.. i want Virtus Lanciano to be promoted with them and don't care about the 3 side.
yeah would be nice to see Virtus go up.

Bologna got taken over by Joey Saputo (Montreal Impact owner) and Joe Tacopina. With their money they wont be in Serie B for long. They are going to bring Marco Di Vaio back as well in some kind of capacity. Going to restyle the stadium as well or build a new one

·
Registered
40,293 Posts
yeah would be nice to see Virtus go up.

Bologna got taken over by Joey Saputo (Montreal Impact owner) and Joe Tacopina. With their money they wont be in Serie B for long. They are going to bring Marco Di Vaio back as well in some kind of capacity. Going to restyle the stadium as well or build a new one
thank you. that's interesting news tbh. i want to see the results of this excellent step asap on the club.

·
FINOALLAFINE
9,248 Posts
Virtus came back from 2-0 down to 2-2 then from 3-2 to 3-3 at Spezia today so they both remain in top 6. Carpi look like they have the league wrapped up... thrashed Perugia 4-0 and Frosinone lost 2-0 at Crotone so Carpi now 9 points clear at top. Very impressive considering the side Carpi have, and they've only lost 2 games, only them and Trapani unbeaten at home.

Cittadella Catania was action packed. Citta were 3-0 at hour mark through Sgrigna hat-trick after Catania had Rinaudo sent-off 7 mins in to second half. Calaio scored twice tho to pull it back to 3-2 then in final few mins it all went crazy and Catania had three more players red carded - Chrapek, SPolli, and Leto!

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Carpi coming up would be funny, their stadium is like 4,000 capacity. Looked at their squad and really it shows the difference between lower of Serie A to the whole of Serie B and probably a lot of Serie C is not much at all.

·
Registered
45,352 Posts
Carpi coming up would be funny, their stadium is like 4,000 capacity. Looked at their squad and really it shows the difference between lower of Serie A to the whole of Serie B and probably a lot of Serie C is not much at all.
The craziest thing is that there could be a derby between Carpi and Sassuolo in serie A, with the traditional local club, Modena, who remain in serie B. It would be also crazy having Carpi and Sassuolo in serie A with traditional clubs of Emilia such as Bologna, Parma, the already mentioned Modena and Reggiana maybe not in serie A.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
It is more important than that because it is an indication of the financial health of the division. For example, playing in front of large numbers of spectators provides greater revenue for clubs from tickets sales, other commercial activities at stadiums like merchandising, while also creating a better and more atmospheric spectacle to present via television nationally and abroad. The consequences of this will be increased revenue for clubs, providing them with more resources to invest in stadiums, transfers and academies.

I doubt it is coincidental that the top tier of European national championships (Bundesliga, Premiership, Primera Liga) have the highest average attendances in the world.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts