Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey - see a tremendous play by a Serie A player or a former Serie A player during the World Cup? Great. Post it here.
Most of Senegal plays in France, so not much to add for today :D ....
I guess one cay say France really, really missed Blanc, the great settler, in the back and Zidane in the midfield. Djorkaeff just didn't cut it and Petit seems old. Veira didn't wanna play against his old country.
France won the 98 WC w/ a largely Serie A team and home field advantage.......will a team this year that features many Serie A players take the 2002 Cup? ;) ;)
AZZURI LOVER :cool:

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I am sure Alvaro Recoba will stand out in an hours time when his team face the Danes. Let's wait and see. Hopefully anyway, I have money on Uruguay to win.

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Danish striker Jon Dahl Tomasson, headed for AC MIlan, scored twice vs. Urugauy for a 2-1 win. Both goals were quality. This fellow looks like a great, steady player - clearly outplayed Recoba, who was slightly injured. I admired Denmark's gameplan and ball movement.
Patrick Mboma scored for Cameroon today. And Germany's Oliver Bierhoff netted in a surprising 8-0 slam of the Saudis. Man, Germany could be a sleeper team.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Recoba did not impress against Denmark, whereas Jon Dahl Tomasson seems to have a knack of regularly scoring goals. Seems he'll be an asset to the Milan squad next season.

Hasn't Patrick Mboma moved to English football?

As an aside, I think Miroslav Klose has been rather impressive in the goal-scoring department for Germany. And it was good to see Ballack back in action. The freekick by Schneider was cool!

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
M'boma is a Parma player and was loaned to Sunderland to the end of the season with the option to buy. However, sadly Peter Reid has decided not to buy him permanently.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Ziege had a good game against the Saudis (well, all German players played well, except Kahn) but, he had a couple of assists.

Bierhoff scored too though IMO, that was the only thing he did throughout the match. :)

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey, hey, Bati returned to goal scoring form - nice to see, even tho he didn't play all that great. I'm surprised Bielsa choose him over Crespo. Argentina's GK is going to cost them before this tourney is over, mark my words.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
how about zanetti??? he looked great against nigeria...but it's nothing new...coz he does great things in every game...he runs, he defends, he passes well...he rarely has bad games...

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Zanetti is amazing, as usual :) He's a player few can find fault with.

OT: Pablo Cavallero is handsome! ;)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Monday 3rd June. It seems the day of serie A.

Ronaldo scores for Brazil in their win over Turkey. Seems to be finding his fit with his NT.

Vieri scores twice before HT against ecuador. But that doesn't surprise anybody. But I am going to be surprised if he didn't get the hat-trick before the game is over;)

Also good play by Maldini & Totti.

Ciao

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Did you guys see the corners Recoba was taking ? Dizzamn that was so laughable that it was not even funny. It reminded me of the corners I used to take when I was 14 years old. The ball wouldnt even make it into the penalty box. And the worse part is that he was allowed to take those sh!tty corners 4 or 5 times.

His freekicks on the other hand though, were sublime. Especially the two he shot from the right side of Denmarks goal. The first one just went wide, when he tried to lift it into the Danish goal keppers left side, and the second one, went over the Danish wall of deffenders, and seemed like it was going to go into the right corner but then changed direction and dipped just infront of the danish goal keeper on the left side.

It might have seemed like the Danish goal Keeper had full control, but I think it was pure luck that he was standing there.

btw I offcourse got better to cross corners and was for a while known as the best crosser in town. ;) Not to be forgetting about my great vision for the game, thats a whole another story though. :D

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh my, Vieri is a beast. This dude stalks a goal mouth like a Lion in the jungle. Man alive! I was so impressed by his finishing on the fist goal (what a pass by Totti!) and his perserverance in bringing down that second ball, fighting off the pesty defender and managing to score. Vieri struck one ball from the corner of the box today that was also a gem - a total blast. Totti was just killing the ball today - the attack tandem is downright electrifying. Scary. :eek:

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
TOTTI!!!!!!!

Lav

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Man oh man, Rui Costa was hurting today. I don't know what is wrong with him. Portugal actually substituted him vs. the US! I don't know what's wrong with him lately. He was injured a lot, overtaken by Pirlo and now invisible in WC.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Carini was brilliant in goal today for Uruguay! And Recoba had a very good game too. It's been so long since a 0-0 draw was so entertaining! :)

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Recoba is so dangerous. I was kinda surprised that Montero & Thuram had such quiet games. You're so right about Carini. He is a gem.
I think France should start Candela over LeBoef. He looked great at moving the ball up and is much more effective. Micoud was very ordinary but better than Djorkaeff.

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Congratulations to West of Costa Rica and Emre of Turkey for scoring in the 1-1 affair. West, I believe, is a sub at Udinese and Emre plays for Inter. Good job boys!

;)

·
Registered
13,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man, did AC Milan hit the jackpot with this dude Tomasson from Denmark, who led his team to first place over France, Uruagay and Senegal. Man, his stock is rising so fast, especially after his goal against France today, even if there was a little shirt pullin (note to Danish linesman: real shirt pulling).
AC better hope they signed him before the Cup, otherwise his value probably tripled in the last 10 days.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
WOW..Junior of Parma and Brazil has been amazing against Costa Rica, at the back and going forward, he has looked so dangerous, and is also great going forward, looks like he is on top form, and scored the 5th goal aswell.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts