Reggina - Lecce :star:

Sampdoria - Bologna :star::star:

Udinese - Roma :star::star::star::star:

Palermo - Fiorentina :star::star::star:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol maybe we should just have athread with what you think the ratings of the game are :D

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
What is up with Rosina? I don't think he has scored this season, I don't know if he's playing well or not, but last season he was very disappointing. Where is the hype that he was causing two seasons ago gone?

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
game of the week for me is napoli vs lazio...i will also watch inter-genoa, hoping genoa end their away record this season

·
Registered
46,336 Posts
What is up with Rosina? I don't think he has scored this season, I don't know if he's playing well or not, but last season he was very disappointing. Where is the hype that he was causing two seasons ago gone?
In the past season Novellino could be his justification, now he has no more justifications. He has simply been overrated.

·
Registered
46,336 Posts
game of the week for me is napoli vs lazio...i will also watch inter-genoa, hoping genoa end their away record this season
Napoli - Lazio should be fun, but I invite you not to consider the table after 7 game as something definitive. There will surely be teams going hugely down (Catania but also many others who are now overhyped) and teams going hugely up (surely Juventus and Roma) by the end of the season. This table is mostly the result of a crazy calendar.

·
Registered
7,951 Posts
Wow the top of the table is so close.
Good job by Genoa to keep Inter in check and now with an away game to Fiorentina next I can see Inter losing their top spot.

Anyway this season looks much more competitive and we can have an interesting tittle and CL race.

The highs and the lows this week (still 1 game, but i dont think that will change thisP are Napoli and Roma.

Napoli are so impressive not just at the San Paolo anymore, but anywhere and thanks to their improved away form I think they can grab one of the CL spots.

Roma.... what on earth is happening to them??? They were challenging for scudetto 2 years in a row and now they are playing like the Roma 3 years ago.... So sad to see as if they keep going like this they will crash out from Europe after being handed a very easy group and will also finish mid table at best.... I really hope they turn this around.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Zarate is sooooo selfish. I don't like him but he is indeed skillful.

Lavezzi is great. He's quick and doesn't lose the ball, attacks the space well and troubles the defence.

I'm sorry but Spaletti has to be fired. His players are BETTER than the opposition's and he is still losing. This wasn't necessarily the case with Ranieri when he had his injury problems. You really get the feeling that Spaletti is making the whole worse than his individuals, which should of course be the opposite.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Lavezzi is a fighter and never gives up. Sort of like tevez, but modified. Zarate, however, is better technically, but as you said, is a little bit selfish. It was evidently seen in today's game..

Positives: Udinese, natale, floro flores, Napoli, Lavezzi, Genoa, competition on top of the table, Juve victory (as they will be back in title race, thus making the competition more exciting), Samp victory (another dark horse)

Negatives: a very low scoring round. couple goalless draws and couple 1-0 victories (maybe the defenses were exceptional??)...roma lost again (would have given more competition for serie a title)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
camelface, it happens in football, you have better players and you lose... today we lost against what is a still quite under-rated Udinese team (3 NT players upfront).... anyway yes Spalletti should be given 2 weeks otherwise bye-bye.

Some shockers again today, well notably Inter 0-0 with Genoa... well done Genoa :cool: Sampdoria finally get a win as do Reggina and Cagliari win. Nice stuff. Soon Roma will be in the relegation.

·
Registered
32,696 Posts
Spalletti didn't have a better squad than Marino today. Had to do with frigging Montella when Marino put on Quagliarella.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
camelface, it happens in football, you have better players and you lose... today we lost against what is a still quite under-rated Udinese team (3 NT players upfront).... anyway yes Spalletti should be given 2 weeks otherwise bye-bye.
He's been consistently getting nothing out of his players for the whole season except for a few of them like Aquilani. 4-0 Inter, isn't that enough? That was a ridiculous display. And a week later he admits he wasn't prepared for Udinese? Wtf? Two times in a row not prepared for a big game. This guy is a born loser I'm sorry.

·
Registered
32,696 Posts
He's been consistently getting nothing out of his players for the whole season except for a few of them like Aquilani. 4-0 Inter, isn't that enough? That was a ridiculous display. And a week later he admits he wasn't prepared for Udinese? Wtf? Two times in a row not prepared for a big game. This guy is a born loser I'm sorry.
No, he just happens to be at a loser club. :D

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
Although Roma sucks and maybe deserve to lost but the ref killed the game too.
few points
-udinese's penalty was foul outside the area.
-Vucinic was booked for a simulation when it is clearly a penalty.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Zarate, however, is better technically, but as you said, is a little bit selfish.
A little? He hardly ever passes without trying to dribble first these days, he is starting to really piss me off. Anyway, Lazio's form is like a textbook example how valuable taking the lead is in Serie A. Every time we have taken it this year, we have won. When the other team takes it we either lose, equalise in the 89th minute (at home against Lecce) or need a Cagliari player to get sent off plus a penalty to get back in the game.

I watched a bit of Inter, too, their keeper saved them once again and apart from the Roma game I am totally not seeing any improvement from the Mancini reign.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
No excuse for Spalletti. The guy hasn't made a single change on his tactics for the last 2 years. Especially now, no change, no reaction whatsoever although his team lost 5 games out of 8 and conceded the most goals in Serie A.

A loser and should be shown the door ASAP.

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
I agree. The last transfer campaign of Roma was inadequate and the responsible of it should be sacked, not Spalletti.
That's a really incomplete argument. Spaletti has been horrible you can't say otherwise. He doesn't play good defensively and doesn't make corrections. We see low teams closing spaces better than Roma there is no excuse. Also, if Spaletti is so stuck on his formation that he has to buy poor players just to fit it, that's his fault also.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts