·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge Sicilian derby.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I foresee a beautiful match becouse both club are a lot motivated and with a lot enthusiasm!
Catania coul have an advantage becouse it has not national players whereas Palermo could not employ very important players becouse tired!

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Palermo were the better side leading up to half time but made life difficult for themselves with the sending off of Carrozzierin just before half time break. Ballardini then decided to sacrifice the leading goalscorer Miccoli at the start of the second half only to bring on later Budan after they had gone 1-0 down. Martinez header and Mascara penalty the goalscorers for Catania.

·
Registered
479 Posts
It was a bad defeat yet We have a lot excuse becouse some important players were injured or in no optimal condition (Miccoli) and we played 50 minutes 10 vs 11. We didn't cut a poor figure! If yesterday I looked the worst Palermo I can trust in the future!!!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Zampa rages at 'cunning' Catania Monday 20 October, 2008

Palermo chief Maurizio Zamparini has blasted Catania for their 'unsporting' tactics after yesterday's Sicilian derby.

Catania took all three points against the Rosanero at the Stadio Massimino after Palermo defender Moris Carrozzieri was dismissed.

The fiery encounter came just days after Catania midfielder Giacomo Tedesco had launched a Press attack on his brother Giovanni, who plays for Palermo.

“Was it naïve from Carrozzieri? Giacomo Tedesco had been trying to provoke others into getting sent off with his comments in the build-up to the game,” Zamparini yelled on Stadionews.

“The same thing happened to a Chievo player and Sulley Muntari for Inter - they responded to the provocation.

“For three players to be sent off against Catania in seven games shows that they are using sly tactics and Walter Zenga's cunning outdid our Coach.

“I'm worried by Catania's school of thought because trying to wind up your opponents is an attitude that I consider unsporting.”
--------------------------------------------

Good to see Zamparini gracious in defeat, as always. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts