Palermo - Reggina :star: :star:

Roma - Atalanta :star: :star: :star:

Torino - Lazio :star: :star: :star:

Udinese - Siena :star: :star:

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Massive games on the weekend, particularly with Sampdoria v Juve and Milan v Inter, but games like Fiorentina v Genoa, Torino v Lazio or Roma v Atalanta will also be a decent watch, just a shame Im frikking working all weekend so will only see the Milan derby.

I predict Milan to beat Inter this time, or maybe a very tough draw... Juventus and Samp to draw. Roma and Fiorentina to win their home games (hopefully in Roma's case), Lazio to draw at Toro. Udinese to keep up their impressive form aswell.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
A big big week

Sampdoria vs. juvestarts things off

Amauri looking like one of the best strikers in the planet atm.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hoping for Milan to win tonight. Would make the league very close this time already. Much needed win for Roma and Fiorentina this weekend. Great goal from Gila. Palermo still playing quite well, especially at home and Udinese still impressing me. Lazio have had a great start to the season. 4 wins from 5?

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Samp have trouble scoring but are very solid defensively. The draw wasn't really a surprise. With a real striker they could be good.

Yeah, I'm hoping for Milan to win simply for Serie A to open up again but without Pirlo it will be hard. Pirlo was the one giving the advantage to Milan in a lot of head to head matches for the flow he prodives in midfield. Now Inter/Milan midfields are relatively equal and I think the defence of Milan will give them the defeat.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
Is this really what Italian football has come to? I watched Milan-Inter tonight, the first game i've watched in Serie A for a long time.... EVERY player going down when they come near a an opposing player, and the ref's even worse! He falls for every one AND gives 1,000 yellow cards. It's utterly dire to watch.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Actually sometimes it's worse, on Torino - Lazio today, the ref was even more trigger-happy than on the Milan derby. ;) I really don't think tonight's game was that bad, if anything a derby should be rougher than that.

·
Administrator
52,970 Posts
The ref wasnt bad with the yellows, fouls. The only one I can think of was giving Quaresma yellow in a tackle he got the ball first in. Seedorf did something similar towards Mancini and rightfully didnt even get foul. Otherwise, the ref didnt get carried away and was decent.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thought it was a decent match, certainly the technical levels were high, especially on the AC Milan side anyway. Mancini and Quaresma were quite ineffective. I see Mancini still hasnt learnt how to take on a player or do a good forward pass from a static position yet ;)

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Manicni had a bad game, Quaresma was ok IMO.

The derby was quite entertaining and packed of action even though it was only 1-0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts